Welding Classes?

Does CCAC or any other school offer welding classes stiil?

Im good on the mig but I want to pick up TIG welding again. I havent TIG welded in about 3yrs.

I know they used to cost around 100-200 bucks with materials included. Figure a lil review/practice could do me some good before I buy a welder

Yes they do my buddy Josh was taking them during the winter. I think they start back up soon.

Each welding class is 500 bucks. I just looked it up, as I would like to take them in the near future. Relying on someone else to weld something FTL.

http://www.ccac.edu/default.aspx?cx=012817855361909426053%3Abwmstcn8mi8&cof=FORID%3A11&id=150439&q=Welding#987

I took a welding/brazing class at Beaver County Votech (basically a part of CCBC). They had MIG and TIG together as the ‘advanced’ class. It was $101 and I used enough metal on my ‘projects’ to far surpass that cost. Not to mention all the rods and wire… it was a good learning experience for sure.

i had a intro to welding class at the CCAC west campus about a year ago. i know for a fact they have an entire welding department there

you’re going to need to provide your own gear/mask obviously

How long are the classes? Learning to weld isn’t something you can learn in a couple night classes.

I’d like to get some good welding instruction, as well. Arc welding and gas welding I don’t really have any use for, and that’s all I’ve learned in high school and college.

that’s all the intro to welding class taught me… but hell all i really need to know to work in a dealership is how to cut and heat shit with torches