well, heres what you guys wanted....

:+1 for functionality. You should probably go with a 160* t-stat considering 3800s are iron block and heads and dont transfer heat as much… what plugs are you running? NGK TR6?

Yeah that’s cool I don’t mind the hood much, as long as that THING doesnt find it’s way to an import, it’s cool by me…it’s pulled off nicely on your car, I’ve seen it a handful of times and it doesn’t look bad at all IMO

Ensures proper cooking? FI cars run much hotter. He appears to be worried (as most are) so why not? What’s the down fall?

I consider it a fail safe. :slight_smile:

i have 2 fans in my car. one comes off the engine and the other is a small electric on the radiator. apparently its enough. then again, ive got a considerably smaller motor, so idk how much of a difference that makes. my eclipse had 2 fans on the radiator, both electric

It’s not about the size of the motor but just the heat that is generated. This can be due to a lot of different reasons: air flow, thermostat, etc…

Adding a FMIC to a lot of cars causes temps to increase due to blocking airflow from the front of the car.

the airflow for the radiator in a camaro or firebird comes from the air dam so he probably added air flow to the radiator by opening up the bumper

Yah…plus I took out my AC so their isnt a AC condenser infront of the radiator like if it were stock…

im running NGK TR6’s gapped at .025 at the moment.

as far as Fans go…stock firebirds/camaros have a huge radiator and along with it comes 2 big electric fans.

I just used it as an example. There are other ways to solve the problem cheaper and without visual changes. That’s all. Each solves the same problem. :slight_smile:

can you do what nissan guys do in sylvias and such? they set em up in a V, kinda like a pacman mouth so both get air? theyre kinda in there at a 60 degree angle, sorta like > that, left side being towards the front of the car

I like the FMIC a lot better black myself. Silver did look kinda tacky IMO.

There isnt alot of room in there once you have a large IC and a radiator that doesnt fit unless its tipped back. You could probably put the coolers behind the fog lights with their own little air dams like the procharger ICs they may need a little fan to keep air circulating when stopped. You will want a cooler if you get a stall converter, with a 4L60 you should have one anyway…

def. looks better with the black cooler IMO as well. :nod

i think you need to stop building the looks of your car on wat people think …you should make it look the way you want it to look…i personally think the FMIC looked better not black and i know you loved the way it looked before you painted it bc you used to comment it everyday but now people are giving you shit for it you change it and not only that the name of the thread :confused

I dunno the black is kinda growing on me…

also, I moved all my gauges and shit so you cant see any gauges through my window…stealth mode :banana

yea copy cat… but yea i like the black red theme to but now that your intercooler is black get black headlights