well, heres what you guys wanted....

They don’t do it out of fear of blowing up though.

I think thats an exaggeration… I hope

I dont do it out of fear of blowing up either…its just bad to put high power, through a Heat soaked engine…it wears the rings faster and decreases the life of the engine…

Hot wire the fans, install more fans, Redline’s Water Wetter, etc… will help too.

Oil cooler!

get a manual fan switch, if i were you i would also look into a trans cooler. lol you will have so much shit in the front of your radiator

then a bigger radiator… the list goes on and your car isnt the least bit faster

1)the front looks much better IMO with the hidden FMIC
2)the hood is not really that bad. personally i like the cowl hoods on muscle cars or just much smaller “nostrils” or flat ones that are barely poking up
3)the tails were okay in black, they just needed to be glossy

his “nostrils” are fucillo HUGE!!

The hood is fine on a domestic. IMO.

Johawk, you’re just the sig hero :lol

I’m liking the FMIC a lot more, it will grow on you real soon :thumb

I set my fans to turn on at 175* on full with my HP Tuners software.

I also have them set to stay running 30 seconds After I shut my car off.

No need to wire up anything if you got the right tuning software :banana

do you have a drilled T-stat or did you just throw it in there?

Its a SLP 180* thermostat…it was like the 2nd mod I ever did to my car. I think its just a regular one??

I had two for my GTP. one was a 180* from hypertech for winter, and the other is a 180* from ZZP but I drilled a few 1/8" holes in the flange around it. this way it will flow a little coolant all the time so it wont fluctuate as much. It also helped keep the coolant right at 180* because its like it was always cracked open. My fans were set to come on at 185* and stayed on after the car was shut off for 2 minutes

Can you use your software to keep them going 100% of the time? Not sure why you wouldn’t do that at all?

I thought similiar when you referenced the need for your hood.

Why would he leave them running all the time?

It’s a tidbit retarded to have your fans on while youre doing 80 cruising on the northway…

You should have plenty sufficient airflow above 30mph that the fans are not needed. as far as the hood he was worried about underhood tems as they hurt more than just the engine. The powersteering pump, alternator, and brake system can also suffer from the heat soak in a hot engine compartment

yup…before I had my hood, I had a steel braided break line burst all over my driver side turbo manifold. I lost my brakes instantly, Thank god, I was literally pulling in my driveway as it happened. Popped the hood, and smoke poured out…brake fluid was everywhere. I have also had wires start to melt away with the stock hood. If you didnt notice, My turbo sits alot higher then turbos normally do. A stock hood only kept the heat trapped…this hood literally shuts directly over my turbo. I saw a drastic decrease in under hood temps and havent had anything melt/burst since then.

I REALLY REALLY HIGHLY doubt underhood temperatures had ANYTHING to do with that line bursting :rofl

not directly…but it did have a affect. The fact that it was close to my manifold was most of it…but If i had to hood to begin with, with the cooler air comming in and pushing the hot air out, it was more then likely it wouldnt have happened.