well, its done, boosted3g's car is now UNboosted ... V. HRK's a hack

i took on the impossible task … returniing the 3G to “stock” as the dealership requested for trade in … i consided “stock” to be a relative term, in the case meaning “unboosted”

took a pair of 8 hour days to do it, and only cost $40

stock fuel pump reinstall was done with the walbro 255’s shorter filter, used a paint stick to shim everything back to stock height

aeromotive FPR was removed, i installed the stocker off my 3.0 lebaron manifold using the same lines as the aeromotive used :rofl:

a short ram CAI was made from a prewelded segmented bend 90* i had laying around, an intake elbow off a 88 mustang airbox, and a cheap silicone coupler as a spacer … the suction line for the PCV system was connected to manifold vacuum, it whistles while it works now

new injector harness was installed, with butt connecters …

rear cat flange was welded to the midpipe flange, cause the stock studs didnt reach anymore

no front bumper foam
no front air damn plastic
no fog lights

most repeated question and answer the last two days

tom: is that going to work?
me: it will work long enough for you to trade the car in :slight_smile:

i just wish my “winter wheels” would have fit. i did a custom paint job(undercoat) on them to hid the peeling chrome and corrosion … made them look like they were covered in brake dust :tup:

alex (somedude) saw them and ddint even notice that it WASNT brake dust on them till i told him what it was

and to think, i quite the used car dealer i worked at (for a month) because i didnt like being a hack… but then again i wasnt making $200 a day either …

o.k.

alrighty then :slight_smile:

wow… that is fucking awful lol, feel bad for the buyer!

after they stated they actualy wanted the car stock, they would only give tom an extra DAY to do the work. despite knowing that tom didnt have all sorts of disposable income to go around buying the needed parts for the conversion

hell, they even expected him to buy replacement tires for it because the ones on the car are almost bald

yea right, new tires for a trade in ? thats what the difference between trade in value and retail value is for !

trade in value = retail value - a profit margin - needed mechanical / interior / body repairs top make the car presentable and warrantable … averaged over a large valume of cars obviously

IM very suprized the wntire time they didnt even know about anything…they didnt ask. I drove it to the dealer ship, talked bout how this dealership was giving me this price, which i thought was too pricy for a base model cobalt. “$300 a month! omglolz…thats insne, lets see what i can do”…yea it was insane, which is shwy i did get my car from joe basil…anyways, my payments w\ a 5 year warrenty are under $200 a monthm and i have a much reduced insurance.
So anyways, that said lets take a look at the car. Opened the door and asked what the gauges were, i told them i did some modifications to my car, and before i could event tell him it was turbo, he said well can you put this back to stock…I said yes, he looked at the odometer, and he said ok, lets run some numbers…didnt even take it into service or pop the hood. didnt…pop…the…hood…it was appraised of NO information on the car other than the odomerter and a clean carfax.
I do feel that whoever buys it will have some issues, but i have a feeling the dealership will probably either A - auction the car off, or B - when they see the check engine light, and notice the car is runing pig rich, do a through investigation of it, and et the issues fixed - its runinng pig rich because the ecu is trying to relearn itself. It ran like ass on the wya there, then smoothed tself out, but if i got on it, i could see puffs of black smoke and smell the carbon. I’m not to concerned about anyone buying ti getting screwed, and i say that not becuase im an jackass who dosent care if people are getting screwed, but becuase im confidednt the dealership will defenatly get the thing set up correctly. Once they kick it over and her it idling strangly, pop the hood and take a look, they’ll figure it out. THe RS didnt come with fog lights and even some GS - so its like this one didnt. My car ran fine w\ the aeromotive FPR fine, the ecu compensated to keep 14.7/1, and it will just fine for the lebaron one. The cai/ airbox is super cheap, ive checked prices - we just didn’t have time to get one, and i completely forgot to check when we were at the junked 3g at JnJ’s wrecking.
One thing that im going to miss is the added speed…seriously going back to stock…wow I forot how muh of a difference it was…yea 100+ more at the wheels (dyno proven) is very nice, bvut after a while, you forget how it was originally, and then going back,wow did i miss the boost.

the butt connectors for the injectors ARE taped off, so thats not so bad

the wood in the gas tank wont effect anything, it actualy blocks off the filter LESS then a stock install

as for the FPR, its ugly, but i KNOW the ECU can compensate for over 100% more fuel… with that FPR its only slightly rich, the ECU will catch up soon

the pipe plug in the oil pan where the turbo drain used to be might leak a little tho :slight_smile: i would have welded it shut if i had more time

and oh yea, the rear cat is gutted still … woops … but the front cat was put back in, and is undamaged. boohoo … a hacked exhaust… like stockers never need replacement

Tell me you’re not trading in a hidden hack job at the dealership you’re expecting to honor 5 years of warranty…

:word:…

ah man

once they spot the stuff all they are gonna do is put it up for auction anyways

this is MUCH less of a hack then other cars ive seen on car lots, for example the blue STI at a local lot was MISSING ITS FRONT AXLES … apparently the previous owner wanted a rwd car for drifting

at schmitts we had a customer get fair value for a car that was actualy flood damaged… his garage was below street level and flooded one day during heavy rains, instead of calling his ins, he dried it out and traded it in. we only found out after the car was on the lot and going haywire. if schmitts honored HIS warranty on his new car, id have to say tom is safe

y warrenty was alreayd up, even if i didnt turbo the car - 61k miles - im 1k over =/

Good thing it’s basil. i know all the used car guys!!!..hehe. seriously i bet they do fix it. i’ve seen them spend much more on way crappier. And he doens’t have to take his car to joe basil for service because a warranty is a GM warranty good at any GM delaerhsip across the USA.

i can imagine the mechanic who opens that hood.

“…what the fuck”? :rofl:

got word about this car the othr night

when amherst chevy opened the hood and saw my handywork, they immediatly sent it to auction

it got bought at auction … and the shop that bought it was PISSED

lol … woops

:lol: Watch your ass. The karma sniper’s sighting you up right now.

and by the way … im STILL PISSED that we couldnt get my wheels on there … ill have to get a pic of the 2 i still have …

im still amazed at how brake dusty they look …

that would have REALY pissed them off :slight_smile:

thats fuckin terrible.

Boosted3g said he spotted the car a few weeks ago.

he ID’ed it based on the wheels, and the scratches on the rear bumper.

apparently it was eventualy sold to someone, as it had normal (not dealer) plates on it

I’m quite shocked the dealership didn’t actaully look at the car to start. Even more suprised the car even ran.

what dealer bought the car? what a nightmear that must have been.