went to west herr toyota last night

the girl is looking for a car. she wants a cobalt, bad. i dont want her to get it.

anyways, my dad bought his car at west herr toyota, i bought mine there, so we stopped in to see whats up.

i have never in my life encountered a worse salesman. i mean holy shit he made me not want to buy a toyota, much less from that dealership.

he was loud, obnoxious, bashing competition, telling my gf whats she wants, not asking, downtalking, and really really turned me off to west herr.

as we were walking in, she saw a red 05 corolla s that she thought looked nice, and asked about that. his response? “o you dont want that thing you pay a lot more and you get a lot of junk”.

her: we were looking at cobalts and…
him: (yelling) those are garbage! JUNK! you cant compare a crappy gm car to a toyota! if you want i can go down to west herr gm and sell you a cobalt over there and i’ll make the same commission! they are terrible! you dont want that car. these cars (pointing to corollas) you dont have to do anything to! just oil changes!

her: i like camary’s
him: we have one left on the lot its a V6 you dont want that.
she really may have not wanted that, but he didnt know that at the time, he didnt ask any questions, didnt qualify her in the least.)

i really had to hold back. maybe its being a salesman that makes me notice these things too, but she couldnt stand him either. its making my argument for not getting a cobalt that much harder, because the guy at basil treated us really nice.

ugh.

What about getting her into a tC? and if you don’t mind me asking why don’t you want to get her into a cobalt other than it being “gm crap” my cobalt is the only gm i’ve had that hasnt give me any problems right off the bat knock on wood

my sales person for my cobalt bent over backwarks for me in terms of getting me exactly what i wanted, except the color and at that point in time i didnt care, i wanted every option with a 5 spd and he searched for almost 2 weeks…we went back to him to see if he could get my mom out of her lease on the bravada and into an equinox and again he bent over backwards for up…you need a salesperson like that

if shes REALLLLY into getting a cobalt take her to Geln Campbelland ask for Larry Ralston…he was EXCELLENT

sucks about the salesman…why dont you go back to the salesperson who sold your dads car or who sold yours?

more than she wants to spend

and if you don’t mind me asking why don’t you want to get her into a cobalt other than it being “gm crap” my cobalt is the only gm i’ve had that hasnt give me any problems right off the bat knock on wood

because i put much more trust in toyota for being reliable and i really dont like the cobalt.

my sales person for my cobalt bent over backwarks for me in terms of getting me exactly what i wanted, except the color and at that point in time i didnt care, i wanted every option with a 5 spd and he searched for almost 2 weeks…we went back to him to see if he could get my mom out of her lease on the bravada and into an equinox and again he bent over backwards for up…you need a salesperson like that

thats how the guy we dealt with at basil was. he did a much better job.

sucks about the salesman…why dont you go back to the salesperson who sold your dads car or who sold yours?

pops bought his off the general sales manager, i bought one off a guy that either is at another store or no longer works there or had left for the day, i didnt get a straight anwser.

either way, west herr will be getting a call about this a little later on today

aaaand you didnt call me before going to basil…

Wow, how did you not rip this guy apart? I would have been a total ass right back to him. I certainly would have let him know when I left that I was not buying a car from him because he was such a dick.

GM Salesmen are better right now because they need to make the sales. Although there is no excuse for someone to act like that in a sales position. I doubt he’ll have a job there for too much longer.

In regards to the Cobalt though, I’m with Danielle on this one, I’ve had one for over a year now and I’m actually happy with it. So far its the only line of GM cars I know of that I haven’t heard about major issues (my mother drives an Envoy and HATES it). For a DD, its very reliable, although the tires on the base model suck ass.

her boss knows the owner blah blah blah

A Corolla’s probably a safer bet for reliability, but the Cobalts are not living up to GM’s reputation for quality, as they actually seem like pretty decent cars. If your girl really wants a Cobalt I wouldn’t steer her away. It’s not a bad choice, and do you really want to hear every time any little thing goes wrong with something you talked her into getting “I told you I should have gotten a Cobalt.” :mamoru:

I would have just left that dealership even if the salesman was mid-sentence. Car salesmen are a dime a dozen, and a lot of them are actually decent guys. No need to put up with a tard like that.

she should buy RobtC’s tC, he’s selling it cheap.

We walked out of West Herr Nissan because the manager was an asshole, the salesman was cool though.

Try this, pick out a car and price you think is fair go back to West Herr and get a different salesman, give him the the price you want to pay.
If he acts like an asshole tell him to shut the fuck up because you don’t have time to listen to his bullshit.
Then say, Do we have a deal or not"?
The thing is salesman are nothing more than an inconvenience.
You have the money, they want it, end of story.

Woman with car with warranty >> woman with car without warranty

Honda Fit :tup:

drive one, sit in one, feels like an acura. Well, the finish.

Handles pretty well also

yarises are pretty cool little buggers also

yea, i tried that, she wasnt having it

qft

x2

especially to your girl? fuck all that noise, he woulda gotten an earful from me.

but I probably woulda got an earful myself once we got back in our car from her, so maybe you’re better off. :stuck_out_tongue:

i have a lotus i am looking to replace with a 360. 18K and it’s yours. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

If she wants a cobalt let her get one. If shes spending the money dont tell her what to get.

Word. I would prefer my girlfriend get zx3 but she wants what she wants.

thats what its coming to anyways…

The tach is above the center console…wtf, other than that they are cheaper, great on gas and prolly very reliable. She could get the 5spd if she wants a little more pep

the coupe looks fine
http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2007/07.toyota.yaris/07.toyota.yaris.340.jpg

Next month the Nissan Versa hatch will be available
http://www.velocityjournal.com/images/stk/2007/ns2007versa5d1818399m.jpg