Wexford Starlite Car Cruise rumors cleared up

Or better yet…you can email the Church or you can ask someone there (like who is the head of the cruise)…that would be a great place to start.
Just my $.02 and my exact thoughts as yours. That’s why I have been there this year…“yet”

I would have to say that of all the good things that happen surrounding the Cruise, the “Saving Spaces” issue has to rank as our biggest problem. We continuously announce it over the loudspeakers, we ask people in person, we have it in print and I have it on the website.

It is something we really struggle with for a number of reasons. First off, we are not a car cruise that happens to have a church attached to it - It’s the other way around. For that reason, going around being ignorant about it or cracking skulls over it isn’t an option. Now if people choose to be less than cooperative with us when we approach them, well then we are a little more inclined to ask them to comply or perhaps even relocate to another cruise in a nearby county. :slight_smile:

The other big issue is that none of our staff are anything more than volunteers. They’ve just worked a long week and really don’t need the hassle. Some of our more aggressive types are not afraid of a small confrontation, but for the most part we’re just doing our best.

As for the upper (wasteland) lot, that’s a work in progress. One all the wiring and other mechanicals are finished, the landscaping will be completed. As we’ve said from the beginning of the year, this is a transition year for us - please be patient. The last thing we need is some cowboy riding through the lot taking up a chair collection - Even though there are nights that I’d like to be that cowboy. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input - We’re always trying to improve!

Jim Zufall
Wexford Starlite Car Cruise

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say you wont do it.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say you are not able to detect sarcasm.

LOL

Thanks for the reply Jim.

And thanks for doing your best.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdtIJpuN97A”]YouTube - Roofin’ Chairs[/ame]

that is the lamest video i ever saw in my life.

x1 wat acs jeep said

I like the upper lot. :smiley:

And +1 on laying off of the volunteers… If you don’t like how things go down there, why don’t YOU volunteer some of your time and help make it better?

We DO. Do you?

Apparently you missed the point, which couldn’t have been explained any more clearly.

When a family who belongs to the church, arrives at 4:45 with their classic car, for an event that starts at 6:00, and is told the lot is full, when there are at least 20 chairs saving spaces, when it clearly states in the rules that saving spaces is not allowed, something is wrong and needs to be addressed.

Do you understand or do I need to explain it further for you?

Ok so then when you are working as a volunteer, then go inform these people that they need to move their chairs and maybe they will stop doing it.

No I have not volunteered there yet, I would tho.

But I also do not complain about the way things are run at a free weekly car cruise.

Then how would the organizers know if anything was wrong? Seriously, i am not trying to be a smart ass, but if no one ever complained about the stuff that was wrong, then the people who are in a position to address it might not even know about it. There is a LOT going on during a cruise of that size, and the staff cannot know about everything going on.
The chair problem is going to take some hard line enforcement, and that’s not an easy thing to do.

a thought. next year when the grass grows in, park a couple cars along the ramp heading to the top lot, make it seem less isolated.

i saw Jim doing interviews, with his hi-profile film crew. :bigok:

i like the upper lot better

I’ll bet you do

havent been up there yet this year. we need a meet up there. i dont know many people that actually go to the cruise that i could BS with.

i do

I don’t really like the upper lot. feels so far away from everything

Id rather go up there at 5pm when we normally get there, be able to save the spaces for the 5 or 6 other cars that normally join us, and park together…

the lot usually fills and the parade of everyone leaving at night is sweet.

Better then fighting old people at the lower lot… lol

The biggest problem with my “hi-profile film crew” is trying to get him out of bed sometime before noon to actually produce and upload the show before the next Friday. :stick:

JZ

I may actually make it to the cruise tomorrow. How would I recognize the pittspeed members?

05 GTO -Black
85 TransAm-Red
Who else?

I’m the fat scruffy dude usually in work clothes… lol