What aim program?

Just got a new harddrive, need to re-up on all my programs. I had been using gaim, but it would let me transfer files (I couldn’t direct connect).

I tried pidgin 2.2 but it seems linux based.

so what are my other options? requirements are tabbed IM windows, file transfer capability, and the ability to turn off all the annoying bullshit

Download AIM 5.9 and Middleman

Trillian seems to work fine for me.

what’s middleman and why do you need both?

Pidgin is Gaim, just renamed and updated. There is a win32 download for it, check out www.pidgin.im. As far as the direct connect not working, that still might be a problem…

All of the above suck ass, middle man is flawles gaim blows monkey dick, as well as pidgin. When at work its meebo, and at home its aim 5.2.3281 + deadaim 4.5 = the best combo ever

Werd … i like gaim a lot. Pidgin’s new GUI isnt the best, but the program is nice and small … and not a ram whore like AIM

aim lite ftw

I personally like Trillian. I use it because I have friends that use MSN exclusively.

Only gripe that I have with it is that links in profiles don’t show, and cannot be clicked.

Trillian does have tabbed IM windows for each buddy list section. But I wouldn’t use it if I didn’t want MSN use too.

i only use aim, noone I know uses msn

I used to have deadaim a few years ago, don’t remember much about it though. tabbed IM windows?

Middleman installs over AIM like DeadAim but Free: http://www.mymiddleman.com/

*  group their instant message windows into one tabbed window
* log their instant messages (normal, secure, directly connected)
* log their chat messages
* log their buddy's last profile
* log their buddy's status events (sign on/off, away back)
* log files from direct connections
* sign on multiple screen names at once
* remove advertisements on their buddy list
* rename buddies on their buddy list
* set their idle status to anything, anytime

deadaim = software = free = cracked = free

deadaim > middleman

tabbed winders, kills ads, and messaging while away, and no bs

dead aim ftw

damn deadaim costs $ now?

how do I get it for free (I am relatively computer illiterate lol)

^^^^limewire its cracked id assume w.e program you use to d/l would have it as well

+1

Yeah, if you are exclusively on AIM just get Aim lite. Less headache.

for my pc i used gaim.

I use an old ass version of aim with deadaim plugin.

Works great.

My gf loaded the new official aim onto her computer yesterday, its super bloaty and garbage.