what are obvious signs of SR running lean ?

hey guys I run 10psi I jsut swapepd in and I want to make sure its not running lean, I dont have an A/F gauge nor a wideband yet… what are some signs that indicate that could indicate if my car is running lean…

its fine

10psi on what trubo?

If on a T25 or T28 - you are fine.

Also - you could always pull your plugs and check for a lean condition…

check your plugs if they are white your running lean if they are golden brown your perfect.

haha so many questions from vlad lately this dude just needs to chill

you’re lucky you know how to drive otherwise we’d all be cussing you out hardcore

you know you’re running lean when:

1. it gets jerky in boost
  2. your radiator decides to expel water
  3. you have miscellaneous metal scraps lying around your engine bay

Seriously, there is no reason why anyone these days shouldnt have a wideband installed. They can be had for 300 dollars and are the most worthy of any gauge you will put into your car.

You will be modifying your SR im sure so this tool is such a necessity that I would make it a number 1 priority. I have used my gauge so many times now to catch lean spots and do SAFC tuning that I swear by it!

Other than stopping on the side of the road and pulling all your spark plugs out after a WOT run you can guess all you want whether you are running lean or not.

Wideband FTW.

but seriously the only way you’d be lean on a stock setup is if you had a significant hole between your mafs and turbo inlet. It would have to be at least 1/2" in diameter to make much of a difference at all, and you’d notice your car ran like shit as a result.

Or if you your FPR vaccum hose comes off, but then usually the car wont even get into boost.