S13 w/sr20det running lean

okay so ive installed bings intake manifold, all is good but shes running really lean. now im guessing this is because of the extra air its getting now. ive done a boost leak test and there are no leaks in the intake system. i have an safc 2 not installed yet, my question is can i safely tune my car wit this, or do i need to get some other management program… my car is a 1990 with redtop sr, with front mount and bings manifold, everything else is fairly stock on the motor. the car stays lean till i step on it( not full punch cuz i dont want to damage anything) which then it only goes to stoich and drops back to lean, never enters rich. any help on this is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Chaz

hey man, off topic but how did you do a boost leak test, send me a pm, thanks and good luck

Just google, DIY boost leak tester and your set , anyone got input on this issue I’m having?

what u using to monitor a/f ratio i hope its not just one of those cheap “its close enough gauges”?

ive got a wide band, now wit the safc 2 am i going to be able to correct my fuel and have it run like before the intake mani install, just curious cuz dont want to waste my time installing the safc and have zero success…

yea thats wha a safc does u can runn rich or lean as shit , better then an fmu :blush:

thanks man, thats what i wanted to hear, i just need to add fuel throughout my band according to the a/f ratio.

have you checked basics…fuel pressure? fuel filter? restricted exhaust?

how much boost are you running?

just 8 psi for now till i get this settled,then i run 10 , and my fuel filter is new, as for fuel pressure it should be fine cuz the car was running good before the intake swap, are you saying that with adding the manifold it wouldnt make the car run lean? I am just figuring that its running lean because the air is getting to the engine faster; but who knows? also if this helps my timing is right on, brand new coolant temp sensor, new knock sensor, newer tps, and just a regular maf( not the 300zx one, but could consider doing that to), also what you mean by restricted exhaust? let me know on what you guys think.

thanks

Chaz

yeah could be fuel issues… what fuel pump are you running? you could also check resistance of injector coil. approx 11 ohms i believe.

problem solved , my fuel pressure regulator was gone. fuel in my vacuum lines. just thought id update

thanks to all

Chaz