What did you do/buy for your bike today?

No mods… but I bled the clutch and fixed my gas lid tonight. Ready to go for tomorrowwwwwww. Who’s riding sunday?

No riding for me this weekend. Forks in the shop for new seals and need to mount my new tires and change the oil + a ton of racing on TV this weekend.

I need to do my oil too, but I figure I’ll sneak in a couple days of nice weather and riding first. It looks super clean, but it’s been about 2k miles.

how old is the oil? 2k is still good.

I never bother with changing the oil due to age.

The oil is about 9 months. It seems like most people like changing the oil every 1500 in these. I can’t afford to fix it, so I’d rather pay to keep it alive. :lol

My oil looked real bad when I changed it last week. Like a milky brown color. Maybe it was partly due to moisture forming in the oil over the winter… I’m real glad I changed it before riding. Only about 2400 miles on that oil, but it was about 8 months old.

Well I did the plugs and block off plates, and I still have a slight stutter at low rpms. So it looks like I’ll be syncing the throttle bodies when I do the oil change and final tune-up items this week…

You have the tool to do the sync? or using a DIY tool?

Going to hit up the hardware store for some 1/4" tubing and fittings and make my own Manometer.

LOL, that’s what I need to do.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/16200-homemade-manometer/

Exactly the Setup I plan on making… lol. I’ll probably hard mount it on the wall of the garage and keep it for future endeavors.

Changed the oil and air filter today as well as doing a new chain and sprockets. Went down one in the front, and second gear is now a beast. I didn’t expect it to have too noticeable of a difference, but it really is. That was the only mod I had planned for the winter, other than possibly trying to un-decal it.

Thread should be changed to “Spring” modification…:rofl

The ebay bead breaker didn’t miss…a bead. :rofl

Hmm, that pic reminds that I really need to change my worn-out font tire at this point…
Anybody around here do tire changes if I bring my bike along with the new tire?

As far as mods I am happy to say I think I finally chased down the headlight rattle that was bugging me all last season, one of the connectors inside the bucket was tapping on something. Fingers crossed it doesn’t come back next time I go for a ride.

R6 tail and seat are on the Ducati frame. Fits the tank like a glove. mounts are on just need final TIG welding. Looks good on there IMO. 09 GSXR 1K headlight is in, and should looks sick too. frame might get powder this weekend if I hammer out the 5 customer jobs I have to do this weekend too.

Once the frame is coated, I can put 90% of the bike back together. I want to be riding by middle of next month.

dude when are you quitting your day job? :rofl :rofl you could probably be making more with CRC full time.

I want to wrap alll my pastics on the 250sf in flat white vinyl.

My CPA would say differently! LOL… Ohhh my young friend… if you only knew what it takes to own a shop!

some day, soon… thats the goal though.

my dad owns a body shop, i know how hard it is.