What did you do to your car today?

First off sorry for the loss.

There are 4 types of car enthusiasts: There are buyers and builders. And of those 2 there are 2 more types: people that understand the risks and expect/prepare for their choices to fail at some point when the envelope is pushed so far, then there are people who are ignorant to the facts and make choices based on hopes and dreams that nothing will ever go wrong.

Its not what you want, its the consumer. /JoeDirt

Exactly how Morgan just put it. So anyone outside the circle of customer/contractor that thinks they “know what happened and how to remedy it” or worse yet attemps to tarnish Synapse should just take a hike now. Splitting hairs about how much someone thinks they were promised a motor would make and how long it would make it for is a worthless discussion and has very little bearing on the situation. I know one thing, when i get into making strong cars for my customers, NOBODY is getting a power/longevity guarantee. They will get a realistic goal, agree’d upon by all parties PRIOR to even pulling the car into the shop, that we will strive to accomplish within reason. Thats the ONLY way to avoid the inevitable; breaking mechanical components and getting a reputation tarnished by false or inaccurate hearsay.

Lastly, isn’t this a street chassis car? Whats the point to pushing the envelope so far that the goal is to make 5-6 times the motors original power output??? Its not a jab, its an honest question.