What did you do to your car today?

yeaa…there was some kind of aftermarket remote starter thing in there that i found…there was a wire that went thru the firewall and right into the connector for the coil…i think something might have grounded off one of the dangling spade connectors under my dash which shorted the coil…got new distributor in and removed that wire as well as the brain for that remote start…:lol

ran some wiring yesterday, got it to crank over, now we have to find out why we arent getting spark, and then once we do i gotta get some fuel lines so we can run it and clean up the wiring harness

Did rolling burn outs

YES! My p1133 CEL went away since I fixed my exhaust leak at the header. No more putting around in the low octane timing tables :slight_smile:

hypermiled that shit. not too shabby for a VR with the turbz on a 95 deg day

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/774/img2844r.jpg

if you dog it around they do well. but once you hit the go pedal VRTs guzzle.

I get 28 city, 36 highway on average, with moderate AC usage.

Of course, same goes for your platform, once you go WOT it’s a different story. :lol

Once I get my e10 setup the way I want it, I am curious to see how my mileage will change once I switch to e85.

yea I was surprised. on the highway it gets similar mileage to my N/A vr. I used to get like 28 on the highway with that and like 23 with more city driving this car gets like 20 around town, and 24-27 on the highway. Obv if you stmp on it it will go down considerably.

MPG means nothing to me really. but the old dumpy GTi did well. 32-33mpg highway. about 9 in the city.

its nice to have it be efficient when I want it to be. I drive to saratoga 3 or more times a week.

ive been averaging 3kmi’s A MONTH since march :ahh

My truck got 19.5 towing a trailer on the thruway. Win for a truck and trailer that empty wieghs 10.5k lbs.

i get ~31mpg in the city and ~38 combined :ahh

^that city MPG was computed after a tank of delivery driving for wings over albany :lol

Scared the SHIT out of myself with it in CP earlier.

I did a little 2nd gear pull to 5000 or so, then clutched in and shifted to 5th once my RPMs dropped to where they normally are in that gear.

Got on the gas, and I hear a loud BAM! Look in my mirror and see a bunch of black smoke. CEL comes on. I thought for sure I blew it up, but then I remembered I gutted the cat and must’ve hit spark cut when I clutched it in after being on the gas in 2nd.

I really need to fix my WOT fueling. :rofl Car never did that with the cat on there.

On average people are seeing a 15% decrease in mileage during cruising, and 40% during WOT with running E85.

really? no shit…good thing I am not converting to E85!

weak!

inserted oem foglights into my front bumper…also cleaned out the ass end…holy shit i had a ton of junk in my trunk!!

It heavily depends on your tune, but unless you really lean it out I’d say 15% is a very, very generous.

30-35% decrease is about what you should be getting if you do nothing but scale your VE. The O2 sensors will force proper mixture in closed loop. Lambda is lambda as far as the sensor is concerned. 9.765 for E85 = 14.7 for gasoline = 14.13 for E10 = lambda 1.0

I’ve run E85 since it became readily available, so I have a little experience.

picked up a replacement axle for the rabbit