What did you do to your car today?

It’s a flatbrimmer thing

The molded mud guards I’ve seen all provide less protection and risk ruining the paint by getting dirt trapped between them and the body, plus I like the look and flex of the urethane flaps

At least they don’t have Yosemite Sam imprinted on them.

Picked up the Jetta today. It’s an ok car, but a huge change for me. It handles surprisingly well but the brake dive and body roll is almost comical.:rofl The 6spd tiptronic, leather, heated seats, 100k mile warrenty are all pretty cool though.

nice nice. i wanna check out one of the newer ones. never been in it. how do the seats feel btw?

cut open the muffler, took out the spring, and welded the flap to stay open. more rumble and no rattle :slight_smile:

<–100% serious. There’s a spring in your muffler?

i bought a dynomax vt muffler (bad idea) and its got a spring loaded flap inside it

oooooh, ive never seen those before. i thought it was kinda like on the audis with the little valve behind the muffler for regular or higher flow modes. what was urs doing, just vibrating and rattling or flappin open and closed?

yep, it would rattle like crazy at cold idle, engine decel, and taking off from a start

that sucks. how’s it sound now though?

way better :rofl i’ll take a vid of it later. here is how it sounded before though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzV2boPVa_c

yea, i cant hear it clanging in there. did you contact the manufacturer at all?

How loud was that rattle inside the car tho? I was thinking of a muff like that for my roach :expressionless:

it sounded like a constant heat shield rattle, it was loud.

speaking of which, i need to take off or quiet mine down. prolly both sides too >.> damn things.

blew tons of smoke all over.

got it inspected

way to be safe and law abiding. plus rep pj brown

thanks. It passed with no issues.