what do u think about this house??

[quote=“turbociv,post:4,topic:34119"”]

well, its lookin like baseboard heat and hotwater, so id imagine not that much money. I have baseboard heat in my current appartment and my electric bill is around 75-100bucs in the winter.

[/quote]

I’m sure this house has a lot more square footage than your apartment. You can call the gas company and find out what they normally pay per month.

Anyway, old houses are great. I live in one right now. There are some concerns with them though.
Asbestos - costs a fortune to remove.
Plumbing - unless they replaced it, which they may have given they have a tankless water heater, but water delivery isn’t a huge issue, water drainage is. They did some wacky shit back in the 1800s for plumbing.
Electrical - check to see if the wiring has been updated. You might see 3 prong outlets in the house but that doesn’t mean that all of them are grounded.

The nice part is if the house is structurally sound after all these years, then you shouldn’t have to worry about the dreaded Amherst foundation issues.

I think it’s a really nice house and whoever talked about the high taxes obviously hasn’t looked in Williamsville lately. $6,000 is the norm. $4,500 is cheap. The house is assessed at $137,000 which is why the taxes are cheaper. If you bought it for asking price, the house would be reassessed at $149,000 and your taxes would go up. I was just looking at a house in the Williamsville N. school district and the taxes were almost $7000 a year.

Anyway, if you are serious about it, go take a look.