what do we know about minis?

If you’re getting a sunroof model, look EVERYWHERE for signs of water leakage. There’s known issues with the sunroof drain leaking and the third brake light leaking on early models (hers was an '02).

$3k later at mini, it went back under the lemon law. They replaced everything they could think of and that thing STILL took on water. At one point they even accused her of purposely trying to sabotage the car!

Look under the rear mat the trunk, and look by the driver kick panel. Those are the common places for leakage.

That said, it was an AWESOME car and it’s really sad she had to trade it in, but they just couldn’t fix it, and she started having all sorts of electrical issues due to shorts from the water - like doors no longer locking, windows not rolling up, headlights not turning on and door ajar alarms going off randomly while driving.

o i hope i can but we will see what happens…

my Supercharged Cabrio will smoke my wife’s Turbo R56 S. I put down 206.4whp with just a 15% pulley and a tune. If you are going to buy a Supercharged Mini get an 05-06. There were some tweaks done to the engine and the transmission has much better gear ratios.

That being sid I believe the turbo engine will dominate once someone hacks the ECU and can keep it hacked (tends to adapt to the piggyback).

If our in Rochester on the weekend and want to see the difference between the 2 let me know.

My wife’s R56 turbo averaged 39mpg highway on a trip to Massachusetts