-Decent power
-Great seats
-Price
-Handles very well
-Nimble
-6th gear has thruway pull

Cons
-FWD
-Fit and finish of the interior was meh. Nice for the price I guess.
-Turn signal stalk to far back from the wheel.
-Shifter was numb and 2nd gear had a “My syncho will fail in 40,000 miles” feel
-The drivetrain had too much slack to it, Would have to get better motor mounts
-The shelf on the back bumper.

Just didn’t really suit me.
Main issue was the drivetrain slack. Too sketchy for daily driving.
Nice wiggle if you were brisk with the clutch.
Really with different motor mounts, I bet I would have liked the car a bit more.
I wanst a fan of the power being limited if the wheel is turned at all, If I want to do sideways burnouts, let me.
The search for a new car continues.
Price point - ~20 with a warranty.

Where?

Went to the mazda dealer in OP.

I love the speed3.

have you driven a new civic SI yet?

No, I think I am going to give one a whipping next.
I have a soft spot for the 02(?) si hatch but the are rather underpowered.

I liked the car, It does have some really good qualities but just wasn’t for me.
I hated the layout and look of the center console.
ac controls and radio display kinda sucked.
and I hated the way the transmission felt on it.
I really was waiting for 2nd gear to start grinding at any moment.

buy my 07 si with navi i’ll cut you a deal on the taxes too

minglor. i own 1.

if u want new/warranty/fun factor and you want the best performance/ most comfortable and capable car in that price range you will kick yourself if you dont buy it. seriously. it is an AMAZING car. esp for the price.

ask anyone who has ridden in it or talked to me about it. I LOVE THIS CAR.

3 things i did when i got the car
-mazdaspeed intake/exhaust<$800 for both in group buy(make a HUGE difference/retain warranty/are warrantied themselves)
-TWM short shift/shifterbushing$200(OMFG man you will wet your pants when you feel how krisp it is. downshifts are amazing)
Streetunit Billet rear engine mount$120(night and day. first thing any1 will tell you is how soft the engine/tranny mounts are, but this makes the car quite stable and distributed as opposed to the engine/transmission sloshing around in the engine bay)

and p.s. i just drove the new WRX and walked out laughing(though i will prolly drive the STi and love it) and then drove the new 4 door si and laughed when i stepped on the gas but smiled when i took it around some turns. tho i was impressed with the honda interior

and sorry about the hijack. but i love looking at it too.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/viggenman/fe5e99dc.jpg

de-badged
de-door trimmed
rainguards
tow-hook
de vinyled the door frames
rota slips/azenisRT615

hot-ass 4 door hatch/wagon thingy

seriously if youre thinking about it at all(i.e. you have that amount of money to spend) do not do otherwise.

you will be SO PLEASED everytime you get in it and drive it. i love it everyday. especially when im filling it up with gas every two weeks.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/viggenman/c2ed4af0.jpg
even looks good on the stockers. tho i havent painted or powder coated them black yet which i want to do

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume Chris likes his 3…

buy that 02? civic si with the type r k series in the classifieds.

now thats a fly ride

getting bored on your days off?

Lol @ Chris quad posting.

Brian.

The new Si PWNS. I rode in dozr’s. Really nice.

Si > 3

i think the new 3 is ugly.

new speed3 is meh at best, leaves a lot more to want after driving it, I will go out and say new Si>the 3 as well, and I hate hondas.

I would choose Si over 3.

I test drove one of these as well. These cars fucking blow.

caliber SRT-4 :rofl:

Why didnt you come to me at Towne then could have really have fun with it? The Speed3 is fun, but its a little noisy on the interior, motor mounts are terrible, and the powerband cuts its throat at 5k. but for $20k its a nice car, what about a used srt-4? Also drive an Avenger R/T their alot of fun, AWD, crazy options and 6spd tranny, and im sure we have some rebates on them! I could also get you in our last 2007 Tiburon SE, 6cyl 6spd, red leather, 10yr/100,000 warranty with rebates! Pm me!

this is the only car i have owned that i am actually GLAD i spent my money on.

i loved my WRX but it didnt have this power/stamina on the highway and still get 25+mpg.

my saab did, but maintenance issues turned me off.

if u spend anytime on the thruway/NYS highway system(or even 45-55mph backroads) u will be thoroughly disappointed by anything else in the class. period. end of story.

you’re very adamant on defending this vehicle.

saying he will be disappointed by anything else is a joke. he was already disappointed by it. so it’s not that great.