What do you drive?

When they start paying me in yen (insert currencey of choice) I will consider a Japanese (insert country of choice) car.

Even though I am not a Viper fan, I agree with this man. The Z06 really needs to be offerred in a “decontented” (and cheaper and lighter) version without the electronics.

i drive a domestic that thinks its an import, so i voted domestic, even though it is in competition with the import crowd

:word:

I am not saying there aren’t some fantastic imports. Being completely honest, if I were buying a car (versus a truck) for DD use here in Buffalo it would probably be a Subaru. As far as I am concerned, if you have to get out and around at all different times of day in any weather here in B’lo, you need AWD. And there are very limited domestic choices with AWD.

BUT when it comes to fun, hands down domestics win. Ask youself what the fastest 20 street cars on the board are. Domestic or import? I understand that even enthusiasts value different things in their toys. But give me OHV V-8 powah when I wanna have fun.

I checked Domestic well becouse boths parents drive Dodge Minivan’s (one is a company car the other is a tow vehicle for my camper hehehe) and then my brother has a neon.

So my house is pretty dodgy, my soon to be car will be a import but there are no spots to park left so its going on the lawn lol

Rich, you can do pretty well with FWD and some nice snow tires. I have a new set of Blizzaks on my Jetta and it does pretty damn well.

I have both 1 domestic and 1 Importz. I respect the imports very much but am a domestic lover at heart. Hard not to be when GM put food on my families table and clothes on our backs for 70 years.

On civic number 3.

I heart my honda.

ibhate

I honestly can’t figure out while people still say this. I mean, I got a 92 hp Civic…with all seasons…and NEVER, in 5 years of driving, have I ever ever been stuck in Buffalo weather conditions.

drive 2 imports.

the only domestics i want, i cant afford :frowning:

:word:

on my 89 honda lx i had good snows in the front, and all seasons in the back. soooo much fun to drive. and ionly got stuck when i hit an ice bank at like 30 and had to be towed out. that car was unfuckingstopable…

I am on year 4 of driving in the winter and out to go snowboarding and i have never been stuck
FWD + snows is fine if your not a tard

while a domestic V-8 packs alot of power, it also packs alot of pork. Imports tend to be lighter and every racer knows power to weight is just as important as power in itself. now im not trying to take anything away from your opinion on whats more fun, shit my dream car is a ZO6 vette so i know where your coming from. but anything can be made fast if you throw enough money at it. so i dont think either wins hands down when it comes to fun factor. its more a preference of driving style and car style. some people like the instant torque and simplified construction of a pushrod V-8, where as others like the high tech wizardry and screaming high revs of a small displacement DOHC inline 4/6 cylinder. some like to go fast in a straight line where others want to be quick and nimble in the twisties. but :tup: to the car market for allowing us such detailed choices in our preferences.

Well, my one import was built in pennsylvania, so what does that make it?

IMO true car enthusiasts can recognize this
I wish more people had this attitude. :tup:

domestiport :slight_smile:

what do you consider a “quality domestic?” I know of a lot of very reliable domestics, but i can’t think of a single domestic that i have been blown away by quality wise. i was with my boss at an auction while he was purchasing new body style mustangs. i pointed out that the gaps between body panels were really inconsistant on one thinking it may have been wreaked. he said that it wasn’t and that i have been living in the import world too long.

the only reason it scares you is because you had awd cars all your life :lol: i kid i kid…

:word: i def agree with you

lol, actually, AWD cars have made up less than 20% of my total car ownership at this point. I had my VR-4 for one year…I have had Vipers for just short of 5 years now (I cant believe it has been that long!)

In reality, my car no longer scared me ENOUGH… thats why it is undergoing major reconstructive surgery at the moment.

It’s not a matter of just not being stuck. It’s about being able to drive with confidence at all hours of the day and night. My job involves a lot of commuting to the different hospitals at all times of the day and night. And I can’t be even a few minutes late without the potential for problems. So it really is a nice security factor.

Just to be clear - my problem with imports is the social/political/economic implications of the trade deficit, loss of good jobs at home and so on. Not trying to say they aren’t better cars, 'cause they often are.