What do you think of this intake?

I was wondering what everyone thinks of this intake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2426899593

For an e-bay intake it looks very nice. It’s expensie b/c it has the real K&N Filter but it looks better then most intakes like the Weapon R shit.

So for about $150 Canadian I can have a real k&N filter with a pretty good looking pipe.

Unless anyone can show me an intake with a good filter like that, think I’ll get this one, and maybe later the Injen extention pipe.

I would personally relocate the battery and custom fab a short filter kit on the left side, though now im hering that a short filter is good for Throttle Responce but ass for highend, im hoping someone could clarify that for me.

Thanks

Oh ya whut do you guys think of those knock off aluminum filters…

I know the wholes arnt as toight as the blitz one but 500CAD on a filter…

this is the only intake i would probably consider purchasing… just because, to me, an intake is an intake is an intake… you can pay top dollar for a really good quality intake, but in reality, how much more power are you going to gain from spending $300+ or more… force induction is the only way to go if you want lots more power.

I say screw the KA unless it’s got a snail hanging off of it

here here

'tis true.

intake looks pretty good

but u need some boost for any real numbers…

The thing is intake length can be tuned just like headers / exhaust / etc.

So shorter tubing is not by default better. And a company like injen has acutally determined the right tube diameter / length so that it will flow well at high end. That’s what your giving them the money for.

^^^^^^couldn’t have said it better myself, thats why i say save your money, buy a $30 cone filter, a $25 adapter (or make one yourself), get some PVC piping (plumbing piping) and make your own damn filter extension. I’m gonna go glue all my piping right now and slap it all together, if you wanna buy my old cone filter, lemme know (it needs to be cleaned).

BTW, that extension looks like it keeps the cone filter in the engine bay, which, IMO, is not ideal because the filter could suck in warm air emitted by the engine bay. By all means, its not horrible (my cone filter sits in the engine bay at the moment) but its not ideal either. I’m gonna rotozip my engine bay abit, build an extension so that the filter sits in the bumper, and pointed down, but still a good way up in the bumper so its not prone to take in water. I’ll try and post pics (no digi cam at the moment).