what do you think?

so everyone knows the clip i brought in and the crazy stuff that was on it

i finally got the motor torn apart (comp 150-155 on all cylinders - according to the exporter, everything looked good to me)

it turned out to be a stock sr from what i can see with the exception of adjustable cams gears and some aggressive cams

think ive encountered the jdm Dan? someone pushing big numbers on a stock sr to see how far it will go?

think the japanese owner was cheap or ran out of money? (i doubt it seeing as how the clip had things like a td06 kit, hks tranny, hks f con, and os giken clutch just to name a few)

think the old owner had no idea about internal work so left it to pretty much bolt ons?

this thing was pushing 20psi out of the td06 according to the legend on the dash

im gunna go with the first possible answer, but it still boggles me that he/she left the motor pretty much stock

maybe he didn’t have it stock at first…he could have easily blown it even if it was built. If he did blow the original motor, he could have just replaced everything with a stock SR block and internals and called it a day… especially if he didn’t want to invest more money into that…

All I’m saying is that it’s a possibility :slight_smile:
I hardly think that he had a stock motor with all those mods in the car though…

Do you think there is some guy in Japan saying to his buddy “Hey man, I think I found your CDM Dan”

Did that just blow your mind?

^^haha

ill do a little more investigating tommarow

now that the heads off, ill take some parts out and comapre them to oem peices i have