The Mystery behind your engine?

Hey whats up, i was just thinking to my self today and remembering some posts about people having problems with their SR right after install or 1 to 2 months later…

and i was wondering… does anyone here have any jdm motor and know
exactly why it is here and not still in japan? why was your clip imported, collision? emssions? who knows, tell your stories here if you have one, and then your problems you have faced. if any.

i have had my sr running for 2 months now and thats every day at least an hour or 2 driving … probably close to 4 hours a day at LEAST driving and havnt had one major issue, no idea where my engine came from… but its been good to me + 1 for varun lol but yeah lets hear what you guys got.

I have no idea what the history behind my motor is but i can make some guesses based on what my engine looked like when it arrived.

1. motor had been sitting near a saw or in a place where wood was cut as it had saw dust stuck to the bottom of it.
  2. motor was probably taken out of an accident car as it had no signs or any sort of aftermarket performance mods.
  3. the owner of the car it came from probably never really beat the motor as it had a “Magna-tune” around the fuel line coming of of the fuel filter. My research online says that this strip of magnets is supposed to re-align the IONs in the fuel after it leaves the filter to give you better gas milage. The clutch was still the OEM clutch and has slight burn spots as if someone learned to drive stick on it. Lastly, the motor make good power considering it is in stock from, i’ve seen dyno’s online of SR’s after swaps making anywhere from 165-200whp, i’m happy ot be in the 200 range.

It’s been my daily driver since July and I have had zero issues, drive from Mississauga to Scarborough everyday and no problems.

When I got mine, the body panels were all dented and such. Clip seemed pretty sketchy at the beginning but it turned out to be good. It feels pretty good for a stock setup. SMIC, but with an exhaust. lol my car had that magna tune thing on the fuel line as well.

http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/SR%20Pics/clip1.JPG

http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/SR%20Pics/cluster.JPG

lol…
That saw dust is from the skids, that the motors are shipped on…its the worst when grease and that dust mix together and go all over the container !
cleaned that up a few times !

yeah i guess the only real way to tell why your motor is in your car, is i gues if you bought the enitre car and it was clearly in a rear end collision or. side or w.e but you get it… im very surprised how many of these motors are actually shipped here… do we ship like north american motors to japan ? lol

" chang is waiting for samson over here in canada to send him his srt 4 motor lol… "

lol ^^

auto ka24 engine from varun

bolted on a snail and mcgiver tuned it and bounced off the limiter every day. still no problems

well my sr is stock and still with no bov andhas had no problems atall since i have installed it other then my starter and alt. as soon as i replaced there has been 0 problems. To tell you the truth i bought a high k sr wiht awesome compression and no problems… even tho now since i have put an exhaust on it its been boosting to 10psi other then that its been gully yo’

i have no idea why its here…probably cause high km it came up wtih 160,000 and that i will know as true km…

but its been fine and i love boooooost