Toronto JDM

hey guys.
ive been looking at getting my new S14 sr20 motor set from these guys.
anyone ever deal with them? just want to know if i should walk in good hands or check every aspec of the SR before i leave with it.

http://www.torontojdm.com

check it in depth, friend of mine got a motorset from there, harness was hacked, MAF and ECU were missing, CAS was cracked, some other crap was missing/broken aswell. they were good about replacing most of it, he had to buy a new harness though. clutch was toast too, but that’s not really their fault. partially his fault for not checking it over well enough, partially their fault for selling a shitty product.

I wouldn’t avoid dealing with them because of this, I’d just check it over very thoroughly before buying it.

can i suggest not fucking around and just call Varun?

he gets good motors and the post-purchase support he provides is top notch. you can’t go wrong, regardless of price. speaking of price though, considering you know you’re getting a good motor and the sense of security you get from knowing he’ll support his sale his motors are worth whatever price he is asking.

his contact info can be found at www.240sx.ca btw… :smiley:

i know a couple of ppl who bought their SR’s from there. No problems , go for it

thanks guys…
i think ill go with TorontoJDM…

im gonna go in and choose my motor watch the compression test and ceck it all over before i throw it in my buddys truck. ive heard horror storys from every company so im not gonna risk having one shipped and go through hell replacing it… i dont got $3000 to risk, only to invest in a dream.

so how much is the sr?

And keep us posted with pictures etc.

well the main idea is to make a free copy of the sr20 install DVD a guy made awhile back.

so ill have full coverage of the removal and replacement. including how to PROPERLY repair all rust area found in engine bay… should be a few months till u see the link around here but ill post it up good and shoot out free copies to anyone who want one.

hopefully all goes well… never done a swap before… i know ill fuck up somewhere and yes… i will have a bloopers section
a buddy of mine has been wanting to record a swap so its justa matter of time now.

So let me get this straight… You’ve never done a swap before, and you’re going to make an instructional DVD on how to do a swap with your first attempt?.. That doesn’t really seem right to me…

a full DVD with knowledge of experianced guys aswell…
but i will get it running and then it would show u common areas a NOOB would screw up on.(what i screw up on) ive got a few guys that do this for a living willing to help but they will only be wild cards watching me incase im about to break something.

VARUN… enough said.

I have no problem learning from Your mistakes man.
You should start with what to look for when ordering engine or clip
and then testing the engine, and if all parts are included, not broken, and so on.

will do… already got a few guys who drive and test high HP engines all the time coming with me for the pick-up. just waiting till after christmas…
also i will include a full section on the 5-speed swap… done a few before so it should be easy… if this is a hit then ill also release my “How to patch your fucked frame, and when to know its a write-off” segment

ive owned a few 240’s… not one had a rust free frame, fixed em all before something in my mind would tweak so id literally give the car away… now im starting all over again with another 240(F’d Frame) but this ones runs (none of the prior ones did)

good indicator for anyone is simply. if its in one peice your good… if its literally snapped then its a write-off cause the car is warped and nothing will ever work…