If you purchesed a SR20DET. Post here

Soon enough my 240 will be heading into my shop for her rebuild. I have decided (as most 240sx owners do) to go with the SR20DET.

I found a place up in scarbrough area called TORONTOJDM.COM( http://www.torontojdm.com ) where they distribute JDM engines.

Would you recommend this place? And if not, where have you purchased your SR20 motors from?

Much Appreciated
-zackr

OK, i’ll be the first and hopefully the only one to say this, but it will most likely be repeated…

In the future please use the “Search” feature, this question has been asked a million times.

If you want a good motor buy one from a trusted source, around these parts the first name to come up is Varun, he goes by SlipperySilvia on these boards. He has supplied mostly everyone with their motors including mine and the service is always second to none.

PM him and talk to him, he’ll hook you up and back up his motors.
Also, i would recommend let him know your plans in terms of how what kind of a set up your looking for and he will probably be able to provide you with addtional parts rather than you trying to source everything from different locations.

I let him know what I wanted to do and he told me straight up that I was looking at a $6000-7000 swap when I was thinking of only spending $4000… well i managed to do everything in $5000 and dyno’d 193whp on stock boost (8.5psi), which later turned to 200whp on stock boost only difference was 94 octane from 91 and removed rubber floormat which sat under the gas pedal preventing full throttle :expressionless: and 212whp at 10psi with no tuning.

Bottom line is PM Varun and get a good base motor to start with, don’t trust half the motor shops out there because once you walk out your all alone.

Didn’t want to make this a “Varun is the best” reply but he has always been looking out and been a good guy.

i got my clip from japan direct, its perfect. works great so far .

good luck on the swap

I only deal with varun
his service is amazing getting moters from him is pain free got it droped right at my door.
he has gone out of his way for me many times and always backs his product.
I would call him only im sure he has some instock right now.
Thanks Mael
5one5 Innovations

shop around imo

240sxfan- i know what its like with the search button…im also apart of other nissan forums and we always have to flame about the search bar. Im actually surprised i didnt use it. i was mearly asking if anyone knew about torontojdm i guess. but anyways thanks for the information!

ill be sure to PM Varun.

thanks for the help!

Post!

got mine from japan domestic motors in montreal and i tell you i dont knwo why people buy engine in toronto for over 2k when i got mine with perfect compression and dynod it a 213 rwhp on a mustang dyno at 10psi.

i paid 1500 for my redtop and all the necessary parts to do the swap and get it running except for my fmic which was seperate.

so search around and make sure to do compression tests

Cause not everyone has the means to transport an engine from Montreal to here :wink:

these guys have some good shit but severly lack in customer service…I wasn’t impressed at all!

who are you tlaking about torontojdm.com or japan domestic motors?

basically i wanted a place that was close that way if anything happend i’d be able to be right at there place to do whatever

*no not hold up the place…have a nice chat :smiley:

toronto jdm

i check out that japan domestic motors.

the sr20det is on there for 990$ usd :eek2:

but i guess mr_240sx is right. after the money conversion and taxes it’d come to 1500$. good price tho.

Got my Type-x front clip from Varun. Excellent guy to deal with, no BS whatsoever.

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=6170

His buyer/seller feedback says it all.

Yup.

So they’ll pay a $2,000 surcharge instead of the $100 it would cost to ship, or y’know, the $100 it would cost to rent a truck and drive.

Does anyone actually do leg work anymore?