SR20DET quick question(s)

I bought a 240sx about a year ago, and at 260 000, the KA has been much better days. Now it may be just a fuel problem (it’s not a spark problem) but even if so, I think it’s a perfect time to swap in an SR20det. I will do the swap myself, but need to know where the best place to purchase is? I understand AutoDream has an EXCELLENT reputation, and I can afford an SR there, and it is a good price…but is there anywhere substantially less costwise that still supplies a good motor?

everyone will highliy recommend autodream :stuck_out_tongue: and there’s a reason for that, they do excellent work (from what i hear, i’m in manitoba though so i don’t get that luxury :*( )

You can buy cheaper but it will cost you the same (if not more) in the long run, diagnosing problems or finding and affording the parts that are missing.

If you can’t afford the motor+ about 2000-3500 (depending on how you want it to look once it is in) an SR swap is not for you.

I can. I just like saving money. So consensus is still Autodream for just purchasing a motor? It’s $500ish more than ‘the competitor’ that I won’t mention, but I’d pay $500 for one who specializes in Nissans, and knows what to look for in a motor.

who is there compeditor?

if you are going to put the motor in yourself then look at jdm source to get a motorset from , but make sure it is as complete as you can , just like RS13 said as piecing together additional parts afterwards might cost you more in the end as well as headache and time when you have to rush and scramble to find these additional parts to get stuff done

So JDMsource is fine if I’m doing it myself? I can’t say I’ve ever bought a motor that someone other than me has pulled at a junkyard. What kind of parts can be missing from either of those 2 companies motors?

different parts can be missing everytime but talk to Shoaib at JDM source, he will tell you what it would need if anything. Ive baught engines from them in the past with no problems. Doesnt matter really where you get your engine aslong as it looks clean and is compleate you should be fine. They all pretty much come from the same place anyway. Japan auto wreckers and they all cut up and strip cars the same.

take it form the man who cuts them up personally

atleast I cut them. Everyone else has gas axe. Blades are not cheap either. 10 blades cost more than the saw. lol. I prob spent over $300 on blades last trip.