Common Problems

Hey, I’m new here in Edmonton, and this site. Looking into buying a 240 to upgrade and what not, found an offer, going to check it out tomorrow. I’m not too familiar with Nissan yet, I work for Mitsubishi, so I was wondering if you guys can help me out with specifics i should check for when buying a 240, problems I should expect or that will most likely occur. Thanks for the help guys :slight_smile:

Crom

What kind of upgrades? Because if you plan to swap in a motor just buy a JDM vehicle with the motor already installed.

Rust. Strut towers, rocker panels, inside the door hinges, spare tire well, etc.

I’m really not sure yet, I’ll have to see when i get it lol but i was thinking of eventually swapping the engine and the such. I’m a mechanic, but I’m new to specific performance parts and brands.

How much would that cost me roughly? The one im looking at is gonna cost me about 2000$, stock, or with whatever it has, im still yet to look at it. So far all i know is it runs well, none or minimal rust.

I’m guessing its an '89 or '90?

Even being a machanic, youll be better suited finacially to buy jdm for the sr20det…

…and unless you dont mind running a truck motor…youll want sr20det.

hey my TPI truck motor runs good ! it can even do 100 on the deerfoot!

How much would that cost me roughly? The one im looking at is gonna cost me about 2000$, stock, or with whatever it has, im still yet to look at it. So far all i know is it runs well, none or minimal rust.[/quote]

SR installed is around 4000 if you get lucky and have a few gremlins, for 6000 ( 2g’s for the car + 4 for the motor) you would be able to get your hands on a stock Silvia or 180.

Oh ya and a CA motor swap should be about 500-1000 bucks cheaper depending on gremlins.