What do you think.

Saw this special on the National Geographic chanel. Are these people crazy, have mental issues or smarter than all of us.

I just watched the intro but I’m going to vote crazy.

And this is coming from someone who has a real survival kit at my house (crank radio, water purification tablets, flint and waterproof matches, enough duct tape and plastic sheeting to seal my entire house, a fully stocked pantry of non-perishable foods and enough 7.62x39mm to resist the invasion of a poor 3rd world country just to name a few things). But these people seem to have crossed the line from being decently prepared for a large scale disaster, which you can do without affecting your daily life, to living their lives entirely around preparing for something that most likely never happen.

I’m probably under-prepared for doomsday but I figure being in Williamsville if the shit really hits the fan I’m well enough armed to simply take the shit I’m missing from all those who are woefully unprepared to defend themselves. :slight_smile:

I have my plan.

Having some extra food and water, i think everyone should have. Growing up on farm. We always had extra food, water and medical supplies. These people seem to be leting it take over thier lives. They under ground bunker would be sweet. It would make a kick ass man cave.

One can never have to many guns or ammo.

My family is very well prepared with food and supplies… I’ll do my best with the ammo and weaponry.

I think 99.9% of the public isn’t even prepared for a minor interuption of basic lifestyles…me included. Foresight is a great value but I think there’s only so far you can go…and then you’ve gone too far.

If the apocalypse happens I will be handing out JayS’s address…

Its BS,if the apocalypse happens I don’t want to be stuffed underground,I want a front row seat.

I’m not prepared at all, I have an air soft gun. I can paint the orange tip black and scare some people.

mormons!!!

Ya, I saw this the other day. They all seem pretty bat shit crazy, but you never know. Some of the stuff was pretty interesting.

I am going to go nuts at Sams club after watching that shit.

Save some condensed milk for me!!

My friend has some kind of concrete bomb shelter in his basement. They think it was built with the house in the 60’s. It makes for great storage.

i just live in Canada instead.

I say let’s test them. Give them 30 seconds then blow up their house…we’ll see who survives. We just need to get the bank vault:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/Time_Enough_at_Last.jpg

^That was awesome.

As far as preparing for SHTF, it is easier to just buy land. Everything I need surrounds me. :slight_smile:

+1 and totally ok with it.

Making your own fuel is pretty cool though.

I watched one of these shows and the nutjob modified a tractor and a pickup to run from wood or pretty much anything that burns. The ride wasnt smooth but it worked.