WTF

[quote=“newman,post:39,topic:25958"”]

:ham: :bloated: :stuck_out_tongue:

Then it would not use a cross product, it would be T=dF

[/quote]

:word:

distance is a direction and value, hence a vector

This isn’t the NERD section.

BTW nice looking setup, I’m sure you’ll put it to use.

X…

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:10,topic:25958"”]

I believe it would be foot lb., not lb. foot. This is what a 1000 lb ft Looks Like. lol

[/quote]

ha ha

[quote=“albaaboog,post:44,topic:25958"”]

Actually according to the [FONT=&quot]Commutative Property of multiplication it does not matter since you are multiplying the two factors therefore FtLb = LbFt[/FONT]

[/quote]

too bad that torque is a cross product, not multiplication.

fucking noob. lol.

lol, gotta love how Commutative Property of Multiplication was a copy/paste from Google in albaaboog’s post.

[quote=“albaaboog,post:44,topic:25958"”]

Actually according to the [FONT=&quot]Commutative Property of multiplication it does not matter since you are multiplying the two factors therefore FtLb = LbFt[/FONT]

[/quote]

uhm read my post and learn the difference between scaler quantaties, vector quantaties, dot product, cross product, or take a basic dynamics course :bloated:

haha quoted before the edit

[quote=“newman,post:39,topic:25958"”]

:ham: :bloated: :stuck_out_tongue:

Then it would not use a cross product, it would be T=dF

[/quote]

:word: That’s what I was thinking, that it wouldn’t be a cross product. But yeah, you’re right. Multiplying force x magnitude you’d just get a bigger linear force.

http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~jenolive/vectorq.gif

If we have a force F acting through a point P with position vector r with respect to O, then F and r lie in a plane through O. I have also redrawn the force vector F shifted so that its tail is at O.
The torque or moment of F about an axis through O perpendicular to this plane is given by

T = r x F = |r||f| sin t n
[LEFT]Boy that takes me back a couple of years. Good times…[/LEFT]

This is bugging me because it’s some basic physics that I just don’t remember. So is it just a convention that T = r x F and not F x r? To follow this convention the unit would be ft-lbs?

Don’t make me dig up my physics 1 book when I get home. :eyebrow:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:49,topic:25958"”]

This is bugging me because it’s some basic physics that I just don’t remember. So is it just a convention that T = r x F and not F x r? To follow this convention the unit would be ft-lbs?

Don’t make me dig up my physics 1 book when I get home. :eyebrow:

[/quote]

yes it is ft-lbs, or (-1)lb-ft

the proper way is foot-pounds

I like the blue intake :gotme: lol.

So what we have learned is:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/juicedss/1-2.jpg=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/juicedss/2.jpg

oh this is great. :lol:

Blue balls

I like ham.

What about how many watts would that be?

[quote=“Anonymity,post:57,topic:25958"”]

What about how many watts would that be?

[/quote]

WRONG

POWER /= TORQUE.

come on dan, you’re an engineer.

do you mean joules???

watt ~ power = w/t = FD/t = mAD/t ~ kgm^2/s
ft-lb ~ torque = F X D = mAD ~ kgm^2/s^2
ft-lb ~ work =F
D = mAD ~ kg*m^2/s^2 = joule

however, work is a dot product, torque is a cross product.

Soo… umm… So to me (1000Lb Ft TQ) seemed right, but now I have no idea what was right or even if there is a right or wrong wording of this.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:59,topic:25958"”]

Soo… umm… So to me (1000Lb Ft TQ) seemed right, but now I have no idea what was right or even if there is a right or wrong wording of this.

[/quote]

the correct answer is ft-lbf, technically speaking as there is lbm and lbf