What happened to Top Gear

I was DVRing it every week, and now it’s gone. When I go to the Discovery Channel’s site and search it’s like it never existed on their network. They’ve got a show about people who clean up pig shit for a living (dirty jobs) but they cancel the best car show on TV? WTF?!?

Really??? Thats troubling.

dunno, been wondering that myself.

actually the show that replaced it is about cripples in a jungle. no, seriously.

Yeah looks like it was either taken off the air for good or maybe will return when there are new episodes to hack up and send here.

i was wondering the same thing

Funny, I was just about to pull up my old thread about top gear and ask this question. I’ll find out when it’s on next…wednesday nights are just so dull now.

http://www2.nationalreview.com/images/paperforgreg.jpg

Also seems there are rumors it’ll be back in December.

why did u post that article

^^ That article confused me? It was so randomly inserted into a discussion about Top Gear, haha.

the article was posted cause maybe it has something to do with Top Gear coming off of the air for a little bit if he mentioned it during the episode…

Its actually a good read… a little lop sided… but its not a complete waste of time.

for those of you with 15" monitors…

he mentions some of the stupid laws we have … all of which are at the state level… like wearing shoes while you shop… you have to have something on your feet in stores… well… what he doesn’t say is that the shoe law isn’t the fucked up one, its the one that says if someone drops a can of dog food on their feet while they are in your store you have to pay them millions of dollars… thats why the stupid laws are the way they are.

^^ just like it’s illegal to speak to someone in an elevator in NY State?

It could distract the elevator operator.

Seriously.

…and I agree with most of that article.

Many people speculated all the anti-american sentiment had something to do with it.

but its a show about cars… i dont care what he says about america as long as he reviews the car… oh well back to downloading the content

I too miss top gear, an excellent show

Long story short, all the episodes aired on Discovery were re-taped versions of previous shows already shot in Europe. Discovery contraced xxx amount of shows, and they showed all of them. If the contract is renewed, then more shows will be re-taped with an American audience spin as before. IF not, then the show will be dead. Whether the article has something to do with the renewal of the contract remains to be seen, but many people speculate that it could have an effect.

Its soo stupid why they cancelled the show for the time being here in the states. I thought that one of the things that Americans prided on was the fact that we have free speech. I think that everything Clarkson said is true. I think its rediculous that they took him off of our TV station because he spoke the truth

We do have free speech. So does the owner of Discovery Channel. It is their right to censor whatever they want on a channel that they own, whether we agree with it or not (assuming that is even the case, which it probably is not).

ummm if u have the episodes ripped can u put em on ur computer and host em?

I miss the show. I too wondered where it went.