What happens on the track day, stays on the track day.

Unless you post up the video. :lol

I’ve been having lots of computer issues on my end recently so I’m throwing up a rough video edit of what happened.

YouTube apparently didn’t care for me spending a few hours getting the right music for the video and matching it perfectly with the crash :rofl so pick a favorite song on the HD and play it.

No audio makes me rage.

I think you should take it easy on turns

back tire just wash out on you? or were you on the gas and spun it?

ooo how’d that feel

I can’t help it, they keep sneaking up on me.

Maybe I shouldn’t post the second video of the same day on the other bike :lol

I was running out of revs coming up that hill and went to shift, even being smooth I assumed I upset the suspension enough for the rear to become lighter and wash out. It wasn’t a typical loss of traction where you spin first, try to regain and then lose it. This was just in-your-face-instant BAM. I’ll most likely end up going with a moto GP shift on the bike to make shifting in turns a lot smoother as well. Reaching under the pedal when you’re leaned over isn’t the best way of doing it.

I was on the gas lighter then I was during the run in the dry, but I just may have been too heavy. But like I said, it wasn’t loss of traction that lead to loss of balance, it seems like it was instant loss of balance. :ponder

Yea that looked pretty instant haha. Looked like it didn’t hurt too bad though?

Oof.

If that was caused by the shift (no audio), we obviously have the same problem in cars on track in the wet where you suddenly cant shift where you used to.

Cliche: Did you get back on the horse?

Vlad and I have both slid into guard rails and got back on the horse once before. Why wouldn’t he again?

LOL damn vlad !, didnt look to bad atleast u didnt go around flipping and u got a cage on that bike

To be honest, the incident had more to do with a brand new set of tires with almost 0 miles on them running on a wet track. If it was a dry track, things might have turned out differently.

In case people are wondering, the incident happened at turn 7.

I thought this happened on the SV? You went down on the FIRST lap out in the rain? Take it easy on NEW AND COLD tires dumbshit. =P I thought you had at least had the common sense to break in the tires and let them warm up before falling over :lol

Tires were scrubbed in from previous sessions, follow the leader, first red and first yellow, may have cooled down between the runs, and I have slowed down from the dry as you’ve seen in the other video. Jclark brings up a good point ad I distingle remember shifting right before the washout.

The SV happened in turn 2, as soon as I put pressure on the outside peg.

Alright so your tires were scrubbed, either way though you were running on a cold tire in the wet. A cold bike tire has no where near the capabilities of a warm one, how many times have you had the bike slide around at parking lot speeds on cold pavement? I know you have told me about at least one time you have actually dropped it from the same thing, so trying to push the bike on cold tires would be the same concept.

But yes upsetting the suspension with your shift was prob the straw that broke the camels back.

Pilot powers have very very good heat retention even in cold (winter temps), the one time my tire slid out on me that you’ve mentioned was a very crappy metzler that never stuck to begin with and it was on a 30 degree night right after I took off.

What still baffles me is how instant it was, I’ve never even had the chance to recover.

The instructor told me I was running at the limit of the tire the entire run in the dry that’s why he wanted to follow me to give me hints before I ran out of tire.

Didn’t hurt one bit, as a matter a fact it was the most cushy crash I’ve ever had :lol

When you’re covered from head to toe in gear you feel like you can stop a bullet, but going to the bathroom presents an issue of epic proportions.

That fall was at about 60mph if not faster but the only thing going through my mind was “Really? REALLY? Ooooooh there’s my bike” :rofl

Yep right back on the backup pony just to have that one trip over itself as well.

No cage allowed on the track…

Oh yeah, totally forgot: HOW WAS IT? When are you gonig back again? Summit Point next time?!

It was fantastic no matter what happened. I’m still excited about a car track day, but judging just by basic logistics I see how it won’t be as much fun. Being the bikes makes it a lot more personal where it’s the other guy that’s clearly in front of you and you can watch his form and touch his tail instead of just being a car in front of you. A lot more room to move around as well and the extra danger is always a plus, since let’s face it, we all like that element of racing.

I’m thinking Thunderbolt next time, but I’m entertained to offers.

Looks like I’ll take it easy and be done for this season, and just come out better prepped and more financially stable for next year to attend more :thumb

Big statement and a big guess for never having done it. Respectfully disagree.

That’s fine, but last I heard you contemplated on joining the two wheel fun on the track :tongue

I have plans to in early 2010, but you dont see me making assumptions about it before I do. :tongue