What happens when...

you spin out and forget to clutch in and start heading backwards… does your tranny explode?

I’ve always clutched in when it happens out of natural instinct and now I’m curious since a friend brought it up…I’m not going to try it for kicks either…

you either stall, orr you keep smokin em

Ever try a Rockford before?

You stall out lol learned that when I was a noob.

EDIT: oooooooo ok…No I havent.

I just figured it would be a little more severe since the higher rate of speed…and that your in a gear meant to go forward and now going backwards lol

Wouldn’t the gear lock causing the rear wheels to lock?

I’m no tranny expert just asking :slight_smile:

pretty sure you stall or if you stay in it the tires spin and turn into smoke :smiley:

Im pretty sure your tranny will take a very large steeming poo.

^ haha

i would assume a temporary locking of the wheels followed by an eventual burn out if gas is applied, a stall if not

Pretty much what show boat drifters that can’t hold a drift do all the time.

you would either stall if you didnt have enough gas, and your motor would start to turn backwards, sort of like jump starting but the wrong way. or you would do a burnout if you where ripping it

Ok wait, is the gas being applied or no? we didnt clarify this yet. My bet no gas tranny takes a dump and engine stalls if you give gas you spin those mothers and make them burn

yeah, engine will turn backwards… hopefully you wouldn’t coast for too long, because your oil pump doesn’t work when the motor’s going anti-clockwise.

You will just get a tonne of smoke.

HAHAHAHAH

i dont know why but the word anti-clockwise killed me

great word.

added to iphone dictionary.

i’ve done it many times on the track

if you keep throttle to the floor you’ll just smoke them even if your in 2nd or 3rd gear as long as you have enough power

the moment it doenst make any more jam it will stall, and yes, it could take a couple of rotations backwards, I used to think that this could cause the timing chain on the sr20 to skip a few teeth due to its one-sided hydraulic tensioner style, but it never did

This is useful information, so do you guys think clutching in is more safe for the tranny, or is it okay to try to power it out or stall

it doesnt do any damage to the tranny, but you might aswell push the clutch since its a instinct.

say good bye to your clutch disc.

either clutch in or keep the power down. Dont be a pussy.