what i did this weekend

MODS: please change the title of this thread to My 5.0 Project. i dont wanna start another thread just for that. thanks

on with an update…

small update: got the car cleaned up, especially the inside, which was a complete mess. the guy who owned it before me smoked like a chimney and it REEKED inside the car. i shampooed the carpets, seats and the whole 9 yards and got everything pretty well cleaned up. i also gave the car a good wash and removed the stripe. looking at the before and after pics, i like the car a lot better without the stripe. it was also coming off in spots, so i think its just better off not being there. we also Seafoamed the car yesterday, i think my neighbors got a bit pissed over that lol. thats it for now, heres some pics.

and my to-do list:

Mechanical stuff:
-radiator is leaking (put some stop-a-leak in it which seems to have resolved the problem but i see that as a temporary fix only)
-front rotors are grooved out pretty bad, so im gonna do new rotors and pads up front
-power steering whines like all hell, so im gonna get the system flushed and filled, and if that doesnt help i’ll go from there. the fluid looks pretty black.
-it appears as if i may have a small transmission leak. i noticed a spot of fluid on the driveway today. the transmission in the car is near brand new (or so i was told) so im hoping its just a line or something easy.

Interior/Cosmetic stuff:
-get new door handle trim pieces
-figure out whats going on with the hacked radio install and try and clean that up and maybe get a OEM unit back in there
-some of the mounting holes for the clips on the door panels are so rounded out that the clips wont hold anymore. gotta come up with a fix for that.
-get a new sill plate cover for the passenger side
-get new shocks for the hatch
-fix the ash tray cover