What I like to see back in the Formula 1 paddock

a jet is a turbine motor…

a rocket! are you fucking insane. I didn’t say the word rocket, I didn’t mention anything of the sort.

It would have been neat to see where the devlopment of turbins would have went had they been allowd to stay in racing… they did kill a lot of people though so it is understandable.

I wonder why they didn’t use reverse thrust diverters like comercial jets do to slow down… I guess that was before they were devloped though. thrust vectoring would have been the win back then if it had existed. :grouphug:

Jet is a general term that includes both turbofans and turbojets.

Turbofans are used on Commercial passenger and some cargo aircraft.
Everything else, including military applications are turbojet variations.

:eekdance: :eekdance:

One of My Favorite F1 Cars: Tyrrell P-34

My did this get quite off topic.

Should be interesting to see the slicks being brought back, and the traction control gone. Will add a new element to it, hopefully it won’t cause too many safety issues given the nature of these cars.

And while they are at it, why not a giant vacuum so they stick to the track better. This is F1, not Deathrace 2000. :picard:

EDIT: P-34 <3 so many unique cars back in that era.

lead 171 laps until a bearing in the transmission broke on lap 197. AJ Foyt won that year being the only car to finish the race.

Chaparral anyone?

http://www.vicelford.com/gallery/23large.jpg

Beat me to it. The infamous 2J. Innovation like a MF

Ugliest car on the planet with :snky: vacuum to beat Can Am competition.

any vids of those running around the track?

the more important question is would the F1 car take off on a treadmill with that jet engine?

:lol::lol::lol:

we all know it will take off