F1 Engine Freeze - 10 year freeze starting in '08

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/formulaone/auto/41206/

Wtf. :uhh:

ghey

lol its not like they arent alrdy stupid fast

They aren’t tree huggers?

Does this include exhaust parts???

What I’m concerned with is that with the engine freeze which is a “cost cutting measure” it’s going to force teams to spend even more stupid money on aero. I’d rather see less aero, big hp, 20k rpms, and slicks than frozen engines and crazy aero. Aero hurts passing.

That’s been my big appeal to F1 racing is the continued development of technology.

Gay.

Ehhh, I would personally like to see the sport advance in any area but motor. I believe it will effect us average joe consumers in a positive way especially looking at where all the big F1 influence is on the commercial and aftermarket car innovations.

It just seems like things such as advanced suspension and braking is borrowed from F1 and coverted for street use a lot more than motor innovations.

I am more interested in this

Today’s WMSC meeting also homologated Spyker’s name change into “Force India” for next year.

I actually think this is a good idea from a cost standpoint. Even though I love the sport, I also think there needs to be more parity. Watching only 2 teams battle it out gets a bit boring after a while.

One of the major shareholders in Spyker bought out the team. Is bringing back Karthekayn or whatever his name is who fail boated out of F1 a couple years back. Rolf is supposedly going to be their number 1 driver :lol:

This won’t do shit for costs. The top teams are going to spend what it takes to win. They’ll just spend it elsewhere.

Absolutely.

perhaps we can start to get some used f1 motors cheap haha…

Will be interesting to see what else they will come up with now.

I think it’s a dumb idea to limit development. The “R&D” that happens in racing is usually the biggest asset that racing has for Car companies. :gotme: It’s usually their “excuse” to get involved at such a high cost in the first place.

X…

Freeze for 10 friggin’ years?! Come on, this has to be an April fools joke.

It’s November. :bloated:

X… :lol:

Hey you assholes might want to get an early start :stuck_out_tongue: