What is your personal definition of handling?

when i drive my jeep through the dunkin donuts drive through and almost curb my rims.

:rofl same

Where is James May’s article? I think that was the best explanation i’ve ever read for handling.

Handling is the ability of the machine to feed information back to our receiving apparatus so that we can act minutely on it. The higher the fidelity of the feedback, the more precisely we can use it.

Ok, when I go into a corner I tend to brake late and apex late, so when it goes into an understeer like condition I let off the brake and tap the throttle to correct the dynamics. On the other end of that action understeer during acceleration is corrected by letting off, is that the confusion? Maybe I’m using incorrect terminology.

The other thing mentioned, I had a stiff setup in the rear before and it surprised me by kicking out, which isn’t as easily controlled with a turbo fwd. If the power was right there with no lag it may pull through better. In any case I de-stiffened the rear and haven’t been caught off gaurd since.Thus my inclination for understeer with fwd. would rather have a perfectly neutral arrangement but that takes attention to detail to achieve, so in the mean time…

Subaru BRZ - So much Win out of the box. Go-cartish feel around on /off ramps and just the right amount of weight in the steering, the car slices down the road just waiting to be thrown around. I’m a HUGE fan of them.

minimal bodyroll is the first thing that gets my attention in a good handling car. also a firm steering wheel.

I messed with brz i wasnt impressed my dumpy 3kgt was right witg him the whole time

Its far from a straight line car, get it into any turn thought and it shines.

Yea we were on the ramp to the thruway we were doing around 80 if i remember right and it was pretty even. He was a little quicker than me i think though