Driving techniques thread.

Zilvia has one, I thought I’d try to start one here see where it goes. tips for noobs like me, etc.

I’ve been told one of my main problems when I took a more experienced driver on a ride-along, that I steer too much (“chasing the wheel”) and not letting it “steer itself” .
I’ve seen a lot of in-car videos and noticed the same, that most people just let go of the wheel when they’re drifting through some corners.

Also, another is apparently I hammer the accel too much ? lol

any tips on both issues?

wasn’t spinning out all day that day but I want to improve lol.

are we talking about driving or drifting here?

^ I think he’s talking about drifting

This should answer all your questions…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25445[/ATTACH]

drifting.

I know I know!!

Step 1: stay off the curb

lol i don’t street drift :slight_smile:

Too answer all your questions, and by that I mean all the questions you’re ever allowed to asked again on this sight, because we all know your only aloud two. It’s kind of like a cheap genie this sight. On a partial serious note, there is a point when your drifting where you can let the wheel slide through your finger as long as you grab it at the right point, if you give too much gas your gonna spin out, so control that shit. Now that is it no more questions or you’re in for some tone of ridicule, by me. I’ll be watching your posts for now on.

You see what I do is go varrooomm, varrooooommm, varooooooommm. hrr rrrrrrrrrRRR!!! rrr RRRRR!
Then sometimes its followed by another R or two.

you should start.
never got “i only drift at the track bro”
how are you gonna perfect something by doing it a few times a year at the track.
dd rwd in winter to understand dynamics better.

Practice makes perfect. So snow drifting all winter long will help you greatly. Teach yourself what works for you and how to correct and steer and throttle. And snow banks don’t do as much damage as a curb followed by someone’s tree on their front lawn.

Step one, FWD handbrake drift is …

https://youtu.be/wXw6znXPfy4