What modern autos will someday be classics?

Don’t know if this has been talked about before, but say you had the means to buy any three autos (car/truck/suv/etc…), what would you buy to store for 30-40 years and hope to turn a profit on? Any recent productions that you think will be downright ridiculous to find later on?

Two stipulations:
Must be 1990 or newer
No exotics

I’ll start it off:

1. 1997-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
  2. 1999-2004 Ford SVT Lightning
  3. 1991-1995 Toyota MR2 Turbo

If you look back even some 70s grand prixs are now classic

Take any current car, muscle car- fbody, mustang, GTO, 240, 300zx.

any of those could easily become classics 25 years from now.

Are you high?

Subaru wrx

some form of the EVO.

tell me you’ll find an unmolested 2gb eclipse in 30 years. not going to happen. it’s a ten year old car now and it still has a very appealing style, and die-hard dsm guys will have a hard on for these things like guys do now for old chevys and mopars.

:picard:

entire thread is based on opinion, are you just looking for arguments? lol

I honestly don’t feel that many of the 90 and up cars will truely have a high collector status. The cars now don’t have a look that stands out from the crowd that you KNOW what it is from a glance.

A lot of the 80’s GM muscle is coming up in price, but nothing in comparison to the 50’s and 60’s cars.

Have you truely owned a car from the 90s up that you wish you could own forever? I can’t say there is one that I had to have.

Granted there are some cool cars, but I don’t see them as collectible $$$ cars.

Just my opinion.

your obviously gonna have the camaros, mustangs, firebirds etc but there models are already redux of classics so you are gonna still have maro fans and 5.0 fans 30 years from now

oh and the vettes and vipers

VW Corrado VR6

None. They all fucking suck.

Exactly my point. There are a few exceptions of cars that will appriciate in value, but for someone to say a DSM :lol: Sure a few die hards, but I’ll be damned if that makes it a modern day classic.

right hand drive imports after they kill the 15 year rule in Canada.

integra type R
FD RX7
MKIV Supra
E30 M3’s are getting there already

Totally agree on the mint 91+ MR2 Turbos.

Low mileage ones now go for a lot now.

yea at best DSM’s will be the AMC’s of today. at best.

i can see some of the modern muscle cars holding value, 03-04 cobras, dick harrel / berger camaros, collectors edition T/A’s. i dont see any reason why 30 years from now the LS1 based fbodies will be just like the original 1st gen fbodies in that they’ll be popular drag setups, or have a lot of people wanting to restore them as show cars, because it was a car they wanted or had when they were young.

if gas keeps going up I wonder if people will even have the same interest in cars 40 years from now

MK IV Toyota Supra: These things are already going for $35,000+

Toyota MR2 Turbo: People keep crashing these and they are becoming more and more rare… thus more expensive.

Mazda FD RX-7: All of these damn things will eventually blow up and there won’t be any left at all.

Acura Integra Type-R: These keep getting stolen and gutted. It won’t be long till they are going for the same price as they were new.

BMW E36 M3 Sedan: I see a mint one of these like once every 2 months out here and I get excited everytime.

thats probably what they said in the 70’s

oh ya how could i forget the e30 m3. duh.

you cant touch a decent one for under 10k these days. for a 15+ year old car thats saying something

E30 M3
MB 2.3-16v

nah on the MB’s. I love them, but they don’t really have much value…you can find a higher mileage one for like 3 grand