What modern autos will someday be classics?

1990 Porsche 944 TURBO S.
I think they produced 50 of them for 1990 with left over 1989 parts.
AND it was a great car at the time with pretty big tuning potential.
There were not many cars that could easily get to 350hp(that weighed less than 3000#) at the time.

Some guys over at rx7club.com pitched in and bought a spreadsheet from the DMV. Of the 15,000 or so sold in the US, 9800 are still registered.

Not fanboy-ing, just something to think about.

Back on topic though, definitely any car that’s recently been completely redesigned. STis for example could be great collector’s items in mint condition.

Performance will always be popular, as will style. Luxury, not so much. Economy, no.

Agreed.

what, no taurus SHO mention yet?

the supra that isnt ugly, rarer than black jews, i inspected one =D!

syclone/typhoon

None.

word, they will be a classic

GN’s, WE4’s, TType Limited.

EDIT: oops not 90 or newer, ohh well still going to be all classics.

While I was out riding earlier today this topic popped in my head. I thought about it pretty good and realized there’s only 2 modern vehicles that will become classics:

Fox body 5.0 5-speed
Buick T-Type/GN*

This is my reasoning. In order for a car to reach a status such as this it has to set a mark that really hasn’t been set before. The T-Type/GN* was the fastest production car at the time, even out-pacing police interceptors and the Fox-body 5.0 became the standard to what we all judge a cars weight against. I know I’ve said many of times ‘can you beat a 5.0?’ and I’m sure many of you have, too.

Mustang/camaro/firebird NOPE i doubt it, only cars that had low production #'s…
GNX, SYCLONE, TYPHOON, LIGHTNING, SUPRA, VR4, RX7,300ZXTT, TYPE R’S, CRX SI’S/DEL SOL SI’S(MAYBE) AND ALSO PROBABLY…THE FIRST HYBRIDS(CIVIC/PRIUS/INSIGHT) As Hybrids will probably own all in 20-30yrs… SUCKS!!!

i agree with DSM how many stock GST-GSX’s are there gonna be left even today every one you see has something done. I remember some guy had a 91-92 he parked in his garage and went to iraq or something when he ended up outta the service he had a bone stock prestine 1g with like 1000 miles and last i heard he had offers in the 20s

easy a 1992 Firehawk. Find one. Do it. only 29…

I highly doubt this. Sorry.

mid 90’s ford tempo.

yea ide have to agree.

i think any early-mid 90s GM 2 door car that came with the 3.4 DOHC motor…the motor itself was a great innovation especially for GM

LT1 Impala 94-96
Mercury Marauder 03-04

At the Dunkin Donuts Snday night cruise, someone had a relatively clean 86 Chevy Celebrity :gotme:

And it wasn’t just a regular car there for coffee, it was parked with the show cars and had its hood opened and window sticker.