What new cars have the deal for trade in, running or not?

if you were local i might eb intrested in the grand am if it was a 4 banger for a parts car.

the 4 square really just helps find the objection faster.

whether its msrp, down payment, payment or trade.

too many people get caught up with msrp, payment, down payment, and trade.

most people are payment buyers. so when a four square comes out, they go straight to the payment. so now you know that you need to work payment. it doesn’t matter what you sell them the car for, if they can’t afford the monthly payment.

it has nothing to do with shifting numbers, its just a tool to get the objection out.

You tool. You probably could’ve come to an agreement, if you had the slightest clue as to what you were doing.

8.9% is OAC. It is probably the average of all the rates they gave out last month. If you have better credit, you get a better rate. If you have shitty credit, you get a higher rate.

However, the salesman was probably a weak pile of shit, and didn’t know what word track to use to keep control of the situation…if you really did walk out.

If you gave him your credit information before he came out with numbers and he told you 8.9%…congrats, your credit is shitty.

that is some BS. People should go into the dealership knowing what how much they can spend on the price of the car and what the minimum trade-in value should be.

I know someone who just bought a used car and they don’t even know how much they paid for the car in the end, because they spent the whole time negotiating their monthly payment. All the while, probably getting a horrible deal.

I guess I’m just so sick of people thinking that car dealers are out to rip people off. Just like any business, they aren’t in business to lose money. Of course they fucking make money on every sale (with the exception of a few). Just like the places you work, make money on everything they do. We aren’t a for-profit organization.

With the exception of a few local dealers (who will remain un-named), the consumers are too knowledgeable today with the internet to be ripped off anymore. This isn’t the god damned 1970’s and I’m not wearing a fucking plaid suit.

If you really want a car, and the salesman did his job…the 4-sqaure should work wonders.

I present you with 4 figures. Payment, down payment, trade in value and MSRP. Most people never touch on MSRP. Frankly, who cares what the price you pay for the car is…if you can’t afford it.

So, I have a $350 payment showing. With $4,000 down. $5,000 for a trade. and an $20,000 MSRP.

You automatically go to payments, and say “i need to have a $300 payment”. Now I can stop wasting my time trying to figure out what is going to make you buy when you simply say “no”. I now know you are a payment buyer.

So if its the car you want, and you want to be @ $300 a month…who the fuck cares what the MSRP is? If $20,000 = $350… then obviously to get to $300 (without stretching term), i have to take money off sticker.

/rant

Are they comfortable with their monthly payment? Is it the car they want? Then who fucking cares how much the dealership made? Profit isn’t a dirty word. I’m sure the company you work for makes a ton more in profit revenues.

example:

If I present numbers like this…

$20,000 Car
-$5,000 Trade In
-$4,000 Down

$11,000 + tax, title, license = $225/month x’s 60

vs.

…l
$20,000 MSRPl $5,000 trade
…l
…l
…l

…l
…l
$4,000 down l $225
…l
…l

You’re going to point exactly to your problem, instead of presenting you with a math equation. It saves time and is less frustrating for both the salesperson and the customer.

Maybe you have a problem with all 4? Then tell me the terms you need.

The other problem is people think that car dealerships (honda, toyota, nissan) are in such dire-straits to sell cars right now that they are willing to lose money to sell them one. HAHAHAHA. I’d rather not sell you a car, than sell you one and lose money. <3

no interest rate mentioned anywhere…

interest rate is variable, its different for everyone. as a salesperson, it is illegal for them to know your specific credit information.

unless it is a special incentive rate, then yes 7.99% is OAC and is used to start all numbers. That way if you’re a 840 credit score, your payment will go down a bit. However, if you’re a 640 and you get bumped to 8.99%, its only a couple bucks more a month.

If we went around quoting everyone 4.99% and they didn’t get it…you’d never sell a car, because hardly anyone gets a rate that low unless its a manufacturer’s special rate. You’d have to bump everyone at delivery.

The word track the salesperson should’ve used was “Mr & Mrs. Boardjunky, the rate we used on this first set of numbers was a non-specific rate of 8.99% and its considered on approved credit. We arrived at this number by taking the first loan last month secured by our dealership, the last loan secured and all the other’s in between and averaging them together. Unfortunately I can’t give you a more specific rate without taking down some credit information, which I don’t have. Now if you want a more specific rate based on your score, i’m going to need your SS#. If you have a rate already secured from an outside source, give it to me and I can work my numbers off the rate you already have to give you an idea of where you’ll be. If you want me to get more specific, I’m going to need some information, but keep in mind we can only guesstimate. When the bank buys your loan is when you’ll get your rate. Keep in mind…better credit, better rate, and certainly not 8.99%”

Than again, your salesman was probably a weak fucking schlep rock. Than again, this is why they pay me the big bucks. To handle fucking situations.

Not to mention, the people who are most concerned about interest rates…generally have the shittiest, shit, garbage, junk credit ever. It’s actually quite funny.

A B C

Always Be Closing

most salespeople open doors. you need to fucking close them.

One day i’m going to be just like him:

http://www.joeverde.com/Site/Index.html

Oh Beck… All grown up.

It’s cute <3

Haha. :kiss: