What new cars have the deal for trade in, running or not?

Keeping the story short, my brother totaled his impala last night with full coverage so he’ll probably get back about what its worth (11.5k). My mom is due for a new car and she’s not all too picky. We have my old riced out grand am that runs but really isn’t worth shit unless you put about $800 into it for new bumpers and some TLC. But still won’t be worth much then. So we are looking at what companies are giving the deal of trading in your broke down POS’s on new cars.

Price would be around 20k-30k, must be automatic.

Any ideas?

Junk yard.

I’m pretty sure that gimic has all but gone away and those dealers have ended up with chains on the doors.

didnt Gambino use to advertise this?? look where it got them
push, pull or drag it in.

Carlisle in rochester I think had it too for a while

If your mom can drive another domestic GM and Ford are giving the cars away…

For 20-30k I would look at a Avalon…

I saw a dealership in the middle of PA on 15 that said tow, drag or pull any car $2500. Did not get the name of the dealer though.

any place that takes something like that just screws you on the other end of the deal in one way or another.

Most definitely but that’s what he wanted.

why would you want to get screwed?

because it seems like a good deal :picard:

Because saving 2500 off a lemon is the thing to do.

they’re not stupid, they won’t take a car worth nothing for $2500. They want you to get excited about a high trade in number and not to pay attention to the other figures they are shifting around.

is the grand am a 4 cyl, if it is i need a parts car for circle track. hit me up. I need to know year, motor tranny, problems, 4 door? 2 door? ect ect. price.

Yup, the old 4 square.

you can always try the trick of acting all interested in a car… then asking them how much they will give you for your car… then say OK, you can have my car, but I’m not buying your one…

it’s shady as hell but sometimes these tricks work.

tell them you are not tradeing in and get the out the door price first. then tell them about the trade after, and see what they actually are giving you for the car.

werd. they will just rip you apart elsewhere

walked out of a dealership on sunday due to 4 squares.

Salesman - “Here is your trade-in, price of car, payment”(rape)
me - “What interest rate is that payment based on?”
[Silence]
Salesman - “8.9 percent”(brand-new car none the less)
me - “I think we’re done here”

Basically we have a POS that we want to get rid of and with the economy the way it is and the dealerships desperately needing to sell cars I think its time to do it and I was just seeing if they were still doing this and we could get rid of it and talk down the price with the economy and all there rebate shit even though they jack it up 8k and say you get 6k off then you aren’t making out obviously. My dad is a real stickler when it comes to buying new cars but he is open to the opprtunity with the economy and he won’t budge if his price isn’t met he’ll wait till they call back the next week or just say fuck em.

not gonna happen. My G/F tried trading in her rusted out sentra se-r and they actually wanted more for the car with the trade-in than without.