Would you consider this trade vw content inside

So as some of you know i have been trying to sell my S4 and have had very little luck. Well the other day i was offered this as a trade, i would be giving him about 6k on top of my car…I am not in love with the car but i feel like it would be easier to part out and re sell.

For reference here is my add.

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?165455-2004-audi-s4&highlight=audi

The vw hipster car in question

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5765473-F-S-T-2008-GTI-Nicely-modded-63-000-miles-Pittsburgh-PA

thanks in advance

I think your car plus 3…maybe 4k is more realistic.

If you’re not in love with it then no. Parting cars sucks! And why buy/trade a car only to try and sell it almost right away. Your car +6k is pretty steep to only try and sell it and come out ahead.

You’ll end up spending most of what you make parting on returning the car to stock or whatever, plus dealing with the hassle of shipping, getting low balled, people promising to pay you friday and then never hearing from them again.

What are you looking for as far as your next car. Because those mk5 gti’s are seriously enjoyable to drive. as Vw guy myself, that one has TONS of money into the mods, and is a pretty clean example too. Plus it will be a huge increase in MPG ovet your s4

I’d say yes if you wanted a GTI, but if you don’t then keep waiting for a buyer.

so what i gather is that 4grand plus my car would be a more fair trade

I’d probably pass… the GTI is half a year before the much more desirable TSI motor that people really want (and will pay for).

I think you’ll be throwing money into a deal that basically puts you in the same situation you’re in now but with more money tied up.

thaks for the advice guys…it seems this kid is holding firm at 6k…he seems like a decent guy but at 6k it seems like he is coming out on top.

Go figure, someone wants to come out “on top” in a transaction. I can not stress to you enough just how much it sucks to part out car. I also can not stress enough how much VW kids SUCK!!! They fucking SUCK!!! So right there you have the perfect shit storm of suckage. Those faggot would want to give you 25% of something that is a month old and never used. FUCK THAT IDEA!!! If parting it out was so easy, the faggot selling it would do it. Pound your head off the cement, falcon punch yourself, marry your cousin, all of those are better ideas then parting out a VW to poor fggts.

Quattro, you need to come to the NYSpeed meet so I can buy you a beer lol.

Are they trying to drink the water? I don’t get it.

Lol, watering hole.

It’s different. I like the shot.

Fuck that, if it were a e9x BMW or f-body everyone would be jerking off to that pic.

I like it

Air to water

Hoping the EBrake fails in the VW so they can buy a better car with insurance money.

…even now they understand that they should have only ever been air-cooled…

I vote no
Fsi isn’t the cure for cancer awesome for one. And two: F a transmission that one day may just throw a code and leave you walking requiring a computer or entire unit replacement for no real viable reason other than: you need one or walk.

parting cars sucks in general. I am going through the same situation with my SHO right now

You should be kicked in the dick for even considering this trade. I didn’t realize it was a dsg. FUCK. THAT. What’s the only thing VW can make that fails more then their cars? Fucking automatic transmissions and all variations of an automatic. What’s the fail rate on those piles of shit, 70%+??? FUCK YOU!!!

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site204/2012/0629/20120629__PN30-watercrash_500.jpg

How it’s done.

i havent looked at this thread since friday, i just about spit coffee all over my monitor after reading the comments. Yea so unless he will do 3 or 4 k plus my car it sounds like im getting the raw end of the deal. The transmission does have a 100 factory warranty.