What ride height are you running?

The factory specs on my tein coilovers are ridiculously low.

What is the recomended ride height for front & rear for street? Or is this something of a trial and error practice?

depends on your damping setting and your springs. it you have super streets, they’d ride differently than the super drift at the same height and damping setting, so i’d say it’s a little trial and error.

my car is dumped right now. i think the rears are almost tucked (no finger gap) and the front is level with the rear. it’s -30 out and we have 10 inches of snow on the ground and i still get around.

What does dampening have to do with ride height???

how much it bounces. :slight_smile: this probably only applies to springs and shocks, but if they’re valved for a wide range of settings, and you’re really low, the oscillation from hitting a bump may actually bottom your car out or hit the bump stop. one way to prevent this from happening is to set your damping stiffer so the oscillation is smaller.

in other words buy good coilovers… 8)

I just dropped mine approx. 3 inches
http://www.members.shaw.ca/newdirection/Nissan/newheight.JPG
And yes I know my camber is off and my wheels are sunk in…I’m working on it. The exhuast does hit every once in a while but it’s not too bad just watch out for manhole covers etc.

How the fuck did you get a 3" drop

Yeah a 3" drop seems a little excessive, maybe an inch and a half.

I’d believe 3" up front. Have you seen how high s13’s sit stock? Like 4" wheel gaps.:vom:

It’s aprox. 3 inches I just did a quick measurement from the ground to a body line before and after so it wasn’t an exact measurment. This is what it looked like before
http://www.members.shaw.ca/newdirection/nissan1.jpg
Notice how the front has a bigger wheel gap than the back. The car sits level even though there is a slight gap in the front now. But yeah the front has huge wheel gap stock
Edit:If your looking for an inch and a half drop I’m selling some springs :lol:
http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=41917#41917

How do you go up driveways or over speed bumps?

SCRRRAAAAAPE!!! Thats how. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eww cause sometimes I even scrape when going onto a road from a steep ramp up to a parking lot or even off a steep curb and I dont even have mine lowered.

then learn how to take entrances on angles … it isnt that hard

Not me though. I’ve only scraped a couple times. I meant for him. :E

Why do so many of the S13’s I see have lower fronts than the rears? I think that looks kind of stupid!

I think back wheels tucked and fronts just lowered looks gay.

I like to have the same front and rear wheels gaps. Don’t care if the rears are cut lower.

It’s called RRRRAAAAKKKKEEEEE!!! … I heart muscle cars :E

Excuse my dirty ass garage and dirty ass car. This is stock rear suspension with front coilovers. :smiley:

My car sits 1.75 inches lower than stock after my SCC springs were installed. I occasionally scrape on big speed bumps and steep ramps. It also affected my rear camber a little. Mind you my car sat pretty low stock. Now the roof is about waist high (about 40 inches) .

You drive a 240, not a mustang. Rake is ridiculous on our cars. we have plenty good suspension and a great weight transfer. Itès probably because we don’t have leaf springs…