Wheel Alignment

I drive an S13 with Kei Office coilovers, and I recently had a wheel alignment done. I was wondering how much the toe, and just the wheel alignment in general,would be affected, by me adjusting the ride height?

Put your framerails on the ground. K Thanx. Bye. See http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=102241 (if you want to be cool.)

LOL say hello to the best thread out there. It made me slam my car.

But honestly a good allignment is always a good thing to do.

Get a rough one done, play with your coilover and arms and such untill you are comfortable with ride height, then get your final alignment.

When i lowered my car about .5-1 inch more my toe in the back changed quite a bit.

A baseline allignment is,

Front
Caster 8 (need adj tension rods for this)
Toe 0
Camber 2-3 degrees neg (camber plates)

Rear
Toe little in maybe zero (depends on how twitchy you want your car to be)
Camer (around 2-3 is good again)

It all depends on what you want. I have to run about 9.5 degrees of caster to get my wheels to fit (no rubbing at full lock) and about 2.25 degrees or camber in the front and about 2.5 in the back with the tires i will be choosing.

And lower ALWAYS looks better on an S chassis car. The allignment rack i go to needs 2.25 inch clearence and i needed to go up on wooded blocks.

And please lets not get into the debate that camber wears out tires. toe does alot more.

Damn, I didnt think it would be THAT much. I just got an alignment yesterday, after I had lowered the car a bit (and the car had been pulling right) but looking at it today its not quite low enough yet, haha.

I want to tuck my little 16’s but if I need another alignment for it, it might have to wait until next year.

i got all my toe set to 0 degrees on all four at Kal Tire… they have a wicked 4w alignment tool there (i’m sure tons of other garages have it too).

my camber in the rear is 1.8 degrees and 1.5 in the front, which they said was way over spec, but yeah… its lowered.

Woah! I just realized who you are, from your signature. Hahaha.

low low low low low

rubrub

getting a car slammed always depends on how high your exhaust runs

Just hose clamps around your rubber hangers so you can tuck it up higher.

+1. Mine are zip tied. :oops: The muffler is a little d-shaped as well. I don’t care though. You’re right Rob, low S chassis look amazing(even stock body).

+1. Mine are zip tied. :oops: The muffler is a little d-shaped as well. I don’t care though. You’re right Rob, low S chassis look amazing(even stock body).[/quote]

Just bang your floor boards up with a hammer. then you don’t have to decrease your exhaust flow with a d-shaped exhaust.

stock body FTW. It shows how low your car really is, none of the aero garbage.