Alignment is wack!

So, i went around to a few shops looking to get an alignment done, because my cars alignment is messed up ever since i changed the diff, and got coilovers and upgraded front spindles and some other stuff, and well where ever i go they say they can’t do it, know i was looking at getting some adjustable camber bolts and shit like that to get it so that i won’t have to by new adjustable suspension pieces for the front and rear but i got two concerns, does anybody know a shop that would install them and get my alignment back to stock spec and do these bolts hold up on the track or are they kinda liek temporary solutions because if so then i 'll just upgrade to adjustable compenents.

Thanks,
Harmit

I’m having the same problem too, unfortunately, I’ve got bone-stock suspension, minus the KYB GR2’s…

Can an alignment shop just straight up do alignment on a badly aligned S13 with bone stock suspension, or would I need to get adjustable links first before they do anything?

resetting your alignment back to stock specs depends on how much you dropped your car with the coilovers. recovering your FR stock camber should be very possible but the dynamics will still be different (unless you counter for your changes by adding roll center adjusters, etc). FR toe will be okay but you might lose some deg’s off of the top end of the castor spec if the FR’s too low.

RR end is where things get complicated. At a certain drop (i believe close to or more than 2" on an s13) you will not be able to recover your stock camber…you’ll have to live with something a bit more negative. RR toe you should have no problems with but you might find your traction arms bind up your rear and limit some of the geometry.

easiest way is to not slam your car, run a bit lower than factory ride height, and work with your camber plates on the coilovers (assuming they came with the coilovers) for the FR and stock camber bolts for the RR. If you still find you’re running out of adjustment for RR camber, pick up a pair of RUCAs and you’re set. and if you’re really picky about your alignment invest in extended ball joints for all 4 lower control arms to bring your roll centre closer to stock (not really necessary though for your application it seems).