Suspension specs for s13

Hi son

its getting warmer and its almost time to take my car back on the road. only problem is i need an aliment and my suspension needs to be adjusted properly.

i did a search and i couldn’t find anything about this. so please help me and might help some of the other members as well!

i have a 90 coupe with megan racing street coilovers.

When im doing the aliment what specs should i set the camber/toe/ etc etc to.
what specs do some of you guys use for s13s?

im also just using a set of 17x7 rims with +25 off set.

any input will be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks again

take it to a alignment shop

^^^
mmhmm

plus depends on what your going to/plan on doing with your car also

lets say for a non stock spec because the shop said they could put it to whatever specs i want it to be they can set it for me.

lets say a more hardcore spec thats better for lapping at shannonville for example

it depends on you.

i think sasha would be better for this.

but easy enough you want more response in steering move the caster forward on the fronts equal amounts.

keep toe dead stock

camber i usually bring her in just a bit…makes the car feel more planted imo

oh i see, how many degree for the cambers did you set it as?

i honestly can not remember what i put his car at…

You will need adjustable arms to do precise alignment adjustment… the stock arms have little to no adjustment.

You want more negative camber in the front and little to less in the rear. Depends on the tires you run as well. -3.0 front and -1.0ish rear… you don’t want much in the rear as you’ll lose traction, you want more in the front to dial out some of the understeer when the nose leans over… in corners basically the tires will stay flat.

Toe-wise… if you want to save tires you want as little as possible, this is what causes tires to be used up… however on a rwd car you want toe in in the rear… 0 toe to slight toe out in the front (more will make it more nervous in straight line but give better initial turn in, too much will give you tire scrub).

Caster… well… more caster will make your car feel tight and it serves in camber gain, however too much will make the steering effort too much.

Also you don’t want to lower the car too much… otherwise the arms will stick out and not be parallel… what happens with the roll center being pooped, and the geometry overall being pooped… is that the car will actually roll more… and it will feel crappier (harsher).

Just some friendly advice.

Edit: Also the rear traction arms… well try not to mess with them, but shortening them results in toe in under compression… I’ve shortened mine by an inch or so… I forget now, been a few months (winter store), have yet to experiment further…

Jack just max out your camber plates. This should get you around -2ish, target a toe of 0, and set caster around 6-7 deg. Should be good enough man.

hey guys

thanks for the info. as for spec wise im still totaly obilivious. since im paying someone to do an aliment i might as well take it to SG to do it.

its do it right or do it again…lol my friend told me…but thanks pls lock!