what SCCA Solo class would i wind up in w/ these mods ?

89 nissan 240sx
front suspension - swapped from strut to LSA suspension
rear suspension - swapped from IRS to live axle, 3 link w/ mumford link
engine swap from “non family” manufacturer. 3.0L w/ boost
8 point cage
altered wheel base +4" via relocated front suspension
front and rear body flares

where would that put me ?

i would bet sm because you have a foreign new motor and none of your suspension is stock lol

i beleive SM restricts you to “in the family” engine swaps … which wont be me … lol

E mod?

Go to the SCCA website and read the GCR and the Solo Rulebook lazy :wink:

It’s free and in PDF. The link is stickied in this section.

Sounds like way too much for street mod, you may be looking at a prepared class.

Sounds like it could be a perfect fit for XP. If it can’t go there, then it’ll be EM for sure.

i know, im reading thru it now, but its kinda 360 pages total …

looks like im probably going to wind up building the car how i want it in general, and just autox it in a class thats got me totaly outclassed

nyspeed track days will be fun tho :slight_smile:

indeed, it will most likely be either xp or em

doesnt look like ANY solo class realy applies … fun :slight_smile:

Eh, who cares what class you are in. Start in Novice and “worry” about it after that.

oh will fit in class…

oh you will find a class

you’re addicted after the ride in my car, i know it!

figured id just run it in w/e class and just figure out who else runs similar raw times, gauge myself off that, instead of what the other people in my class are running

either way it will be fun, im not all that worried about how i place, but it woulda been nice to fit into a class that’s actualy in my league

cant go on raw times man…just really sit down and read the book…prolly EM or even a prepared class

alrighty… guess i can change some plans and put it in EM, that puts me against the fiat and cobra that were there the other day … haha … fuck …

what are you driving? setting up?

em is a tough class to start out in.

why not try stock class next race season and go from there. novice stock classes are commonly more friendly and create more beneficial competition, so that you get better and compete with equally setup vehicles.

the only way ill wind up driving in a stock or modified class is if i borrow a car… cause i only have one car … and its this one …

im building a 240 w/ a donor engine that doesnt fit in the stock chassis setup without notching the firewall 6 inches, or building a complicated oil pan

instead im relocating the front suspension 4 and notching the firewall 2, and since the struts will no longer fit under the hood, im going SLA w/ the front suspension, and designing it almost from scratch in the process

front frame is rusted and bent, so ill just build a new one and tie it in perfectly w/ subframe connectors and eventualy a cage

rear suspension is getting tossed in favor of the 8.8 ford w/ 3.73’s and posi , cause id just blow up the IRS w/ the power ill eventualy have

your right, EM is a very tough class, but im not going for points anyways … so oh well

i’m late chiming in here… but i’m pretty sure that it’ll either be XP or EM. definitely not SM. i haven’t really bothered to familiarize myself with the new XP class so i’m not too sure about that. from what i do know, i think the car will fit there. read through the rules for XP and figure it out. if it doesn’t fit there, definitely EM.