What should I do?

Well the 2000 cobra R 5.4 4v comes to mind as it bests most of the lsx family from the factory N/A.

But really, this is a stupid comparison because ford never pushed the naturally aspirated envelope with it’s modular engines, instead they opted to supercharge them. The modular engines can be made to run really well naturally aspirated but it isn’t cheap.

To add some more fuel to this fire that you are asking for the fastest modular ford pass that i could find was John Mihovetz at a 6.62 at 214. What is the fastest ls1 pass???

But really I was never talking about factory stock engines anyways. What instead I was talking about was how over hyped the lsx family was. Sure they are great engines from the factory. But I wasn’t talking about factory stock stuff. What i was talking about was the availability of good heads for the lsx family vs. the top shelf aftermarket canted valve heads for the small block fords. For a long time the “good” stuff just wasn’t there for the ls1 in the form of aftermarket stuff. Most guys were spending a fortune on ported facory heads.