what snow tires to get?

yeaaa Camaro is not making it to school today with the all seasons it’s got on it, haha. Anyone have any suggestions on what brand snow tire would be the best and if I should go studded or not?

Yo ask Gatville, he picked up cheap snows and they are nuts! His 240 is nasty in the snow!

lolz, he told me this morning that the VLSD was working good in the snow :rofl

Get studded General Altimax winters.

Hakapleta… or how ever the hell you spell it. $109-$140 depending on your wheelin N dealin skills and location.

These things are silica based, and so dam soft you can press a penny into the thread past lincon’s head. Yet have great wear life. My father has them on his FX35, and its a tank. On the mini van too, and that FWD thing goes like a mofo. I got them on my old subaru and it is like a snowmobil. Also all the work trucks, F250 SD’s 2wd, 2 wd ranger, econovan 250… and the rest have them for winter too. In the last few years he has gotten around 180 of these tires for different cars for the family and the bussiness and friends. They are the best out there.

I have those on my open-diff-FTL 325i. Really good!

That’s one of the ones I was considering. I have a set of almost BRAND new hakkapeliittas, but they’re on 14’s for the Miata :frowning:

i have some cheapo ones that nick(dc2nick) hooked my up with at mavis, they were 65 a tire for 195/60/15’s real aggressive tread and studdable

^ And noisy as hell, but who cares!

cars so noisy cause its gutted anyways, i dont give a SHIT

BLIZZACKS. /thread

Blizzaks or Winterforce.

What’s so good about Blizzaks, how will they hold up in unplowed roads with 8" of snow?

Seriously, they are awesome. I used to travel all backroads, that were hardly ever plowed in a Civic. Havent gotten stuck yet.

Unless that tire comes with the new technology called Momentum, shit aint going through it. lol

Everyone should just run big balloon tires air’d down to 8 psi like you do in sand dunes! That is the fresh snow ticket!

I got 4 Magnagrips from Mavis yesterday. Shits are insane in the snow! drove my lowered(Subframe has about 3 1/2" clearance from the ground) car throught about 7" of snow in the parking lots hear at work with no problem.

I heard something from my friend’s dad about goodyears, he was claiming they’re the best because they have this special rubber compound that no one else has and was also used on the mars land rover’s tires

Cause Mars has alot of snow? :lol

Edit: Or 365 used condoms makes a GoodYear?

Dood seriously they work great and at 59 bucks a tire you cant beat it. and they are studable

lawl, not because of that. He was saying the special rubber is like the only stuff that doesn’t get hard when it’s cold out and stays really gummy