What the hell is up with Subaru bugeyes listing above 10g?!?

I remember the 02-03 bugeyes selling 2-3 years ago for 5-6grand daily. Now every one I see is over 100kmi and most asking 10g+. What the heck? Are these people crazy or am I? That’s a 10+ year old car.
/end rant

That does seem crazy. I have always thought the resale on Subies were two high but if you are seeing those numbers consistently that is ridiculous. There is a FD RX7 on Clist right now for $8700 with 110K. It is twin turbo as well. Point being those two cars dont compare…

I’m almost always looking at fd rx7’s and they have fallen in price over the last year… why i have no idea

you can ask $XXXXX all day long, if nobody wants to pay it that doesnt mean thats what its worth.

Exception is to an insurance co looking for fair mkt value examples. they kinda have to buy it. lol

$10K with 100Kmi on a 10 year old car. It better be eat off the manifolds clean, dealer maintained, all records, single owner, and dead ass stock down to the floor mats.

I know of a 1999 legacy GT with 24Kmi for $7500 right now. Now most would think thats nuts. But that car if you maintained it and left it alone, would run for another 240+Kmi and save you retarded money in the next 5-10 years if you drove it as a daily. Now thats worth the “crazy” price in my eyes.

Large scale scam to get more money out of the insurance co’s?

They are pretty solid, but you have to be willing to live with/ignore certain things, expecially on the 2.5L SOHC motors from around that time. Head gasket problems, valvetrain noise that pretty much doesn’t go away, mediocre gas mileage, etc. Although it is true, nothing extremely drastic goes wrong on them.

I’m interested to see how the 2012 legacy we just got holds up. Thing some crazy how gets like 34mpg on the highway, despite being AWD and gigantic.

Just people thinking shit is worth gold.

The first part MG’s4ME can probably shed some light on.

Best car I owned was a 98 Brighton edition. paid $5500 for it like 6 years ago with 89Kmi or something on it. Beat the balls on it for years, put oil, tires and brakes in it. Plugs and wires once. Wiring fault around 240K put here to sleep. Hell and back that thing wouldnt die.

But it was a lucky one… there are problems with them for sure like you said.

The 98 Brighton was prolly the ej22 which is the most bullet proof motor Subaru ever produced. I had a 96 with well over 200k on the clock and was still running strong when I sold it.

lmao so true check this post i made http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2286871

heres a 33,000 wrx stage 2 with body kit http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2102476

when all people can do is comment on grammar, they know you make a valid point, but don’t want to agree with you because it’s not a popular opinion on that forum.

Some Supras sell for $50K with 100kmi. Go figure.

^^this. I’ve seen them go for $75k before. Gtfo

My old white car had 94kmi on the body, sold for a bunch. :X

I bet. A car that is pushing 20yrs old with that kind of miles is crazy for that money. But people are willing to pay that price so fuck it

But how many turbo supras do you see on the road compared to bugeyes. Also I wonder if prices are up a bit since we’re going into winter and the car is AWD.

^that deffinately plays a role i’m just saying people are crazy asking double what kbb puts the car at

I was noticing the same thing though. I’m possibly looking into new (used) cars come summer and the wrx wagon is on that list. I can’t justify spending 10 grand on a 10 yr old car with 100+ thousand miles on it when I could get a newer accord V6 6 speed with less miles and more creature comforts for the same price or sometimes less.

subies hold value pretty well

stis still are pretty expensive especially hatches

i noticed they have been getting higher in price too. shit is retarded. the tsx has also been going up in price for the 1st gens.

i bought my 2002 bugeye last august. it had 78000 miles, the kid wanted $9,800. It had little extras like the CF hood with scoop and STi trunk, but basically stock. anyway, he didnt know that there was a recall on the subframe and control arms for that year. so we ended up paying $7400. i thought that was an awesome deal =)