What to do with my truck

+1 on rebuild, and it wouldn’t hurt to see if they make a shift kit for your transmission, considering the hauling you sometimes do.

+1

I know it is shifting a little hard, but why not drive it into the ground? I really don’t think the tranny will drop out of the thing, worse case your wife drives home slow using 1st and 2nd.

Once the trans really goes into the pooper get a rebuild. Keeping a truck you know (which is paid for) is way cheaper then a new car. Plus what does a new car have that this doesn’t? If you put in a tranny this will be worry free for 2 years. All you’d have to worry about would be the engine and rear end.

New cars are over rated. If anything ever goes on my M3 I’ll just have it re-built and I’m going to try to keep it forever, along with my C5. Way cheaper then buy something new that will lose 4-8K right off the lot.

A cash and carry rebuild wouldn’t be very practical since it’s a vehicle we use as a DD. Plus, the only thing I have that could carry the transmission once it was removed would then be without a transmission. My last remaining pickup truck hookup just traded in on an X3, and I wouldn’t want to stick a grimy trans in anyone’s SUV.

Probably just going to drive it until my summer bonus comes in and get it rebuilt.