what to tune a turbo d16 with?

my good friend just bought the turbo del sol from tc1155. has a t3/t4, huge fmic, and 650cc’s. no idea what ecu is in this sucker, but its running a d16 from a 99 civic. i assume it has the matching ecu but i dont know shit about hondas so im probably wrong. you might say it runs rich, and i need to know the best way to tune it. whats the best tuning platform to use and how much are we looking at? thanks for any help

if its obd1 setup then u’ll wanna chip it and tune with uberdata/crome. if its obd2 then tuning is a bit more difficult. If whoever built the car did it the right way, they converted that motor to obd1, goodluck

just go crome, seems to work good for my friends with sweet hondas :mamoru:

edit- doh i got beat

any way i can check if its obd1?

i would just call the kid he bought it from tomorrow and ask (if he did the work)

its most likely obd1 though cuz from what ive been taught theyre mostly plug and play with swaps. that would suck if it was 2 tho

jay bought a honda? lol

double post

he doesnt really know a whole lot about the car, hes a dsm guy. i guess he got it from a dealer in florida, so i cant really track down what was done to the car. however he thinks its obd1.

its a safe bet, just have him swing by southgate when we’re all there, one of the 2434543635656454523 honda kids there will probably be able to tell him what it is

if there is more than 1 O2 sensor its OBDII i think

makes sense.

what year is it. that is the biggest thing. if it is 96 or newer it has to comply to obd2 standards and therefore cant do an obd1 ecu swap. if it is older then you can do any stand alone you want crome, aem ems, uber, hondata and so on. if it is obd 2 then you are stuck with an emulator set up or a emanage/ piggyback set up. find out the year and pm me if you need help.

Hondata w/ obdII

Crome w/ obdI

/thread.

the problem with hondata is that a:its expensive and b: you have to convert to obd1 and that costs money for the ecu and conversion harness and c:you have to change it back to stock every year for an inspection.

you shouldnt post in tech

the car is obd1, and using an obd1 ecu. hondata forces you to convert to obd1 with any of their systems (except for the k-pro)

i would suggest tuning with crome… and assume that the ecu is already chipped and ready to go since the car is already running.

and now
/thread

Check your facts before posting in tech again. You post wrong info again and you’ll get the nice 3 day ban.