Turbo D Questions

turbo, manifold, pipng, down pipe, oil lines, couplers, injectors (high imp so no resistor box), bov attached to piping, intercooler.

What more is needed to get this working on my OBD2 d16y8? I know its demanding, but I need to know quick before someone else buys my trubo setup.

u really should do an obdI conversion and run uberdata for management

EDIT: or crome

but then I hit the inspection problems.

internally gated turbo?

how do you plan to control the fuel and timing with out an obd1 converison. if you say afc hack i will not post in this thread anymore

ok, ok, afc hack is out of the question, then. Well, how can I work around good 'ol NYS inspection? If you can give me any suggestions, I will succomb to obd1.

take it to someone who will pass it for you!!!

Lol… I guess i have to give up on another project… :frowning: Looks like its back to higher compression, crazier cam, and good 'ol zex.

just pull the obd1 ecu, swap in the obd2 one, open the wastegate, and put in the stock injectors. it should pass just fine

you can’t just pass an obd2 car. it has to be hooked up to the machine. there is no getting around it.

Zerodaze you drive a VW. What do you know about Hondas anyways?

BWAHAH!!!:hitit:

OK enough kidding around, but you knew this was coming when traded the hatch for the holy roller VW. :biglol: Love you buddy.
http://www.innovativetuningdl.com/temp/ZerodazeCalvinHugCross.jpg

Zerodaze is right. Running uberdata/chrome is worth swapping a few parts to pass inspection once a year.

Im confused has anyone actually done this…Swapping from OBD2 -> OBD1 -> OBD2 to pass inspection because your going to have to drive the car to get the drive cycles to complete when you switch the ECU back…Maybe like 100miles? and your going to have to retain all the emissions parts that came with the car.

i have a rrfpr and it sucks balls… dont ever go that way! it will be out and then i will try the vafc hack because i am in the same place with obd2. i will just use the bigger injectors and cut them down w/ the vafc. i know its not the best idea because it does nothing for timing but it is a step in the right direction. i feel that its too much work to do an obd1 conversion and have to remove it every year. with the afc hack you can leave it and still pass. the rrfpr just makes you run rich all the time and i dont like its response time plus you cant tune down bigger injectors with it.

I am so lost now. I can see it working, swapping obd1—>obd2—>1—> and so on to pass inspection, but why deal with it… Fuck it, I dont need to deal with that annually right now. I save that for later down the road when I care. NAWS it is.

Call me crazy but unplugging a few things once a year to have a car that makes more power and runs more reliably for the rest of the year is a no brainer. The conversion harness and ECU are plug and play. We’re talking about an hour of work.

I really want to see this before I buy into it. I mean, are we suggesting I leave both harnesses, and just swap the plugs when i go for inspection or something? Sorry, im a noob.

Im just saying most aftermarket turbo setups your not retaining a cat on the downpipe…and im not sure if your modding any thing else emissions related…

I have seen cars that are running right with stock setups…still not complete enough drive cycles to pass the inspection…

The simple way would be just make friends with someone who does inspections have them enter your VIN in the machine…then have them plug in another passing OBD2 honda.

im gonna miss that sticker.
lol

No. The conversion harness plugs into your stock harness. You simply unplug it and plug your stock ecu back in. 10 minute job.

The rest of the time you have the conversion harness plugged into the stock harness, and the obd1 ecu plugged into the conversion harness.

no shit? alright. still thinking.